At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Associate's Degree in engineering or related field preferred
We are looking for a responsible Quality Inspector to check the quality of all incoming and
outgoing material and products. You will be a firm advocate of quality in our business.
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and
committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
● Inspect incoming materials and verify requirements against dimensional drawings.
● Appropriately disposition materials based on inspection findings and acceptance
● Complete inspection forms, file electronically, and ensure all ERP entries are
● Prioritize workload to meet the demand of the manufacturing schedule.
● Escalate nonconformities within the organization.
● Lead/assist with company calibration event(s).
● Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Knowledge of general GD&T; ability to read and interpret parts drawings.
● Ability to select the appropriate inspection instrument and measure to verify part
dimensions are within acceptable limits.
● Exercises sound judgment, is analytical in thought, and detail oriented.
● Is comfortable working in a dynamic environment with many conflicting priorities
● Maintain an organized and clean workspace.
● Familiarity with principles of quality control
● Skilled at organizing and prioritizing assigned tasks to assure completion
● Can translate ideas on how to improve work tasks
● Strong verbal and written skills
● US Work eligibility
● Associate’s degree in engineering preferred but not required.
● CQI certification preferred but not required.
● Candidate must have a solid understanding and background in quality inspection
within a highly regulated environment.
Upper left corner of the form
Please submit your resume to
for your application to be considered.
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume / Position Applied For
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume/ Quality Inspector
Please answer the following questions
In one or two sentences please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
Tell us why your experiences and background make you a great fit for Biomeme.
Submit links to pictures or video if you want to share.
In a few sentences, describe your greatest strengths and weaknesses. *
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.