Thank you for participating.
Richland County is considering an ordinance restricting the use of single-use carryout bags by imposing a fee on those bags after a certain date. To help shape that policy, we would appreciate your participation in this survey about the types of bags your business provides to customers. To help you complete the survey, some definitions have been provided for clarity:
• Fee/charge – Money that retailers are mandated to charge but is retained by the retailer
• Single-use carryout bag – A bag made of plastic, paper or other material that is not a recycled paper bag or reusable bag
• Mil – A unit of measurement equal to a thousandth of an inch. A standard grocery bag is 2.25 mils thick.
• Reusable bag – A bag greater than 4 mils thick, so slightly thicker than a heavy freezer zip-lock bag (e.g., fabric bags)
If you are having problems seeing the complete survey online, try switching web browsers. (Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are recommended.)
1. What type of bag(s) and/or containers do you offer your customers? (Choose all that apply).
Plastic bags (free of charge)
Plastic bags (for an extra charge)
Reusable fabric/woven bags (paid for by customers)
Reused plastic bags
2. What percentage of your customers decline a single-use bag or bring their own bags?
25% or less
We don't track this information.
We don't offer bags to customers; they know they must bring their own.
We don't offer single-use carryout bags.
3. About how many single-use carryout bags does your store provide to customers in a year?
More than 500,000
We don't offer single-use bags.
4. Does your business/store provide customers with a way to recycle their single-use carryout bags?
5. What type of business do you operate?
Convenience store/gas station
6. How many locations does your business have in Richland County?
More than 10 locations
7. How many full-time employees (FTEs) does your business employ in all its Richland County locations?
More than 1,000 employees
8. What, if anything, makes it difficult for your business to offer reusable bags or another alternative to single-use carryout bags? (Choose all that apply).
Availability from supplier(s)
Desire for logo on bags we offer
Lack of customer demand
Not sure about alternatives
Size/weight of goods sold
9. How would you most like to receive further information about the carryout bag ordinance? (Choose all that apply).
Richland County social media
Richland County website
Richland County newsletter
Print media (e.g., newspapers)
10. If Richland County moves forward with an ordinance, how could the County best support your business in moving away from single-use carryout bags?
11. Do you have any comments on a possible ordinance restricting single-use carryout bags?
12. In what ZIP code is your business's primary physical location?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service