Special Events Intake
Thank you for your interest in hosting your event with the City of Portland!
Special events are different from meetings and have different requirements, such as security.
The five elements that change a meeting to a special event are as follows:
1) If it is NOT sponsored by a bureau or office. Sponsors must attend, set up, and clean up the event.
2) If the organizers plan to have the meeting/event open to the public. That is, the public can come in during the meeting to participate. This does not have to do with members of the public participating in a panel or committee, for example.
3) If the meeting/event is NOT City business - for example, a City employee wants to get married at City Hall.
4) If the meeting goes after public building hours.
5) If alcohol will be served, where allowed.
This form is also required for events held in the City Hall Courtyard where furniture will be set up.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service