• Winner will be those who, through their work as Counsellors and Advisors, exemplify the Institute's commitment to the educational, personal, professional, and technical development of students in IEEE related fields of interest.
• Student Branch and Section interaction and activities are an important part of the award criteria.
• Brief biography of Counsellor emphasizing his or her IEEE related activities rather than technical contributions.
• Letters of recommendation from persons such as other IEEE faculty members, Department Chairs, and IEEE Section Representatives.
• The primary criteria for selection are the enthusiastic support of the Counsellor by his or her students and the commitment he or she has made to the engineering profession by the fostering of activities which encourage the development of IEEE Student members.
Other factors include:
• Evidence that the Branch is active in the paper, device, and other competitions and has an active program of meetings and field trips.
• Evidence that the Branch has either a high membership level or good growth.
• Evidence that the Branch is striving to meet the scientific, educational, and professional purposes of the IEEE.
• Recognition of efforts to instill leadership qualities in student officers and to guide them in their efforts to administer the Branch or Branch Chapter operations.
Note: 1. Small Student Branch with less than 75 members. 2. Medium Student Branch with more than 75 members and less than 150 members 3. Large Student Branch with more than 150 members.
• Winner will receive a cash award of Rs 5,000 and a personalized certificate.