The Sustainability Advisory Committee welcomes your comments and questions to feed forward development. Please be sure to hit “submit” at the bottom of the page.
Vision: University Dining Services supports economic, environmental, and social practices that protect and enhance human and natural resources.
Input on vision statement:
Goal 1: Research and explore new and emerging technologies, practices, and policies to increase sustainable performance in existing and new dining facilities.
• Objective 1.1: Create a more efficient model to deliver food service to campus.
• Objective 1.2: Achieve sustainable maintenance and renovation practices, and equipment purchasing.
• Objective 1.3: Reduce resource consumption (such as water, energy) 10% of current baseline.
Input on Goal 1 and Objectives:
Goal 2: Increase environmental best practices for dining service providers and vendors.
• Objective 2.1: Ensure 100% packaging of goods that University Dining Services produces is compostable/recyclable.
• Objective 2.2: Increase local/regional food purchasing; WA, OR, ID, BC to 20%. (Opportunities for this percentage will depend on Real Food percentage.)
• Objective 2.3: Increase REAL food purchases to 20%. (Direction is heading for a 25% agreement on 22 April.)
Input on Goal 2 and Objectives:
Goal 3: Provide resources and opportunities for the campus and community to increase understanding and engage in sustainable food practices.
• Objective 3.1: Continue educating campus and surrounding community about healthy and sustainable consumption practices.
• Objective 3.2: Develop a mutually enhancing relationship between Outback and University Dining Services.
• Objective 3.3: Explore funding options for offsetting increased costs to students as UDS works to meet RFC and local, regional food commitments.
• Objective 3.4: Continue to engage with the local and regional community to develop a sustainable food system model that links local producers with larger consumer entities.
Input on Goal 3 and Objectives:
Goal 4: Become a zero waste in all campus dining locations.
• Objective 4.1: Develop a recycling and compost program that results in zero waste.
• Objective 4.2: Establish a monitoring system to identify base-line waste metrics.
Input on Goal 4 and Objectives:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service