Test from Lesson 3
A training test for learners.
1. What are biggest disadvantages of plowing in organic farming?
a) Plowing is loud and demanding on fuel consumption
b) Plow turns the soil upside down, what causes destruction of microorganisms and worsening of soil structure
c) Plowing doesn´t have disadvantages
2. What does mechanical improvement of soil mean?
a) Mechanical manuring
b) Eradication of weeds
c) Improvement of soil structure, incorporation of crop residua, adjustment of compacted soil
3. What is the main goal of soil cultivation before sowing and planting?
a) Aesthetic shape and color of seedbeds
b) Weed control, cleaning of seedbeds
c) Securing of appropriate conditions for growing and protection of sown and planted seedlings
4. Main principles of cultivation with sweep cultivator are?
a) We cultivate shallow, by nice weather, as close to the row of crops as possible, each time when necessary
b) We cultivate shallow, only after the rain, once a year
c) Cultivation is not necessary
5. Assets of no–till farming system are?
a) We can re-use a lot of old carpets and newspapers
b) We improve microbial structure of soil and don´t need to agitate soil mechanically
c) We don´t need to care about compost
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service