The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (NCCBF) is San Francisco Japantown’s largest event celebrating traditional and contemporary Asian culture. The NCCBF Arts and Crafts Fair showcases the talent of handcrafted product and designs of artisans from across the country encompassing the theme of the festival. The emphasized theme throughout NCCBF's 2019 Arts & Crafts Fair is "Japanese and Asian American-inspired culture" and we encourage the participation of artisans whose creative work reflects the theme and Japanese/Asian American culture.
This application is NOT for the Sakura 360 area of the festival. Sakura 360 is representative of all things in Japanese Pop Culture. They are home to: Japanese Animation, Street Fashion, Video Games, Manga, and more! The "360" in the name represents the continuous influence between Japanese and Western Cultures. (If you feel that your art would be better showcased at Sakura 360, we encourage you to apply at: https://goo.gl/forms/kyH7gBvWQE0rHRDM2 )
EVENT DATES: April 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2019 EVENT HOURS: 11am to 6pm sharp
The Arts and Crafts Fair will be located within the Buchanan Mall (Buchanan St. between Laguna and Post Streets) with limited space availability. **This event is held in a public outdoor space. Vendors should be prepared for a variety of weather conditions, including rain, wind, and sun. Booth spaces and/or access to booth spaces may be uneven, including cobble stone pavers, and a slight grade.**
VENDOR SPACES WILL NOT BE FULLY RESERVED WITHOUT PAYMENT.
A P P L I C A T I O N P R O C E S S
• Entry applications must be completed online and received by the Arts & Crafts Committee by February 13, 2019.
• The early bird application deadline is December 13, 2018. After the early bird deadline, an additional $25 per weekend ($50 for both weekends) will apply to the booth fee.
• Applicants will receive notification if application has been accepted or not, at least 1 month before the festival.
• If there are vendors that cannot be accommodated due to space constraints, vendors will be placed on a wait-list and notified of their status.
E N T R Y R E Q U I R E M E N T S AND S E L E C T I O N P R O C E S S• All vendor applicants must submit an application for consideration by the Arts & Crafts committee. No vendor will be accepted without an application and screening.
• All applicants shall promote the Japanese and Asian American-inspired cultural theme of the event.
• No vendor booth shall be used for political purpose, distribution of campaign material, promote partisan positions or ballot proposals.
• To be considered for acceptance in the Arts & Crafts Fair all work must be handcrafted or designed by the vendor/artisan, and is subject to inquiry at any time.
• Applicants must provide pictures of products to be sold and pictures of the booth arrangement. Vendors who have participated more than 5 years are exempt from providing this information.
• All applicants must provide proof of liability insurance. The NCCBF does not provide insurance coverage for participating vendors.
• All applicants must provide proof of a valid California Seller’s Permit. The CA State Board of Equalization requires that all vendors selling tangible items at the Cherry Blossom Festival to have a seller’s permit.
• All vendors who sell pre-packaged foods must also submit a Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Concessionaire Application and be prepared all associated fees. The TFF Permit fees are determined by the City of San Francisco.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 52nd Annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the Arts and Crafts committee at ArtsCrafts@nccbf.orgCordially,
Katie Furukawa Arts & Crafts Chair52nd Annual Cherry Blossom Festival