2020 General Scholarship Application
A Note to All Applicants: All requested materials must be submitted by February 7, 2020 - no exceptions. Any incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applicants must pay all membership dues owed before their application will be considered. Finally, this year CCIH cannot send visa invitation letters to new members.
All questions and CVs should be sent to
To provide CCIH members, primarily US-based university students and professionals from low- and middle-income countries:
1. With an opportunity to attend and participate in the CCIH Annual Conference,
2. The opportunity to present, if applicant's abstract is submitted and accepted, and
3. The opportunity to attend a professional conference to network with other Christian health professionals
Professionals from developing countries must demonstrate potential for achieving a leadership position in international health within his or her home country.
We welcome applications from candidates who meet all the criteria below:
- Are dues-paying CCIH members
- Are able to demonstrate that they would benefit professionally or academically from exposure to the CCIH conference, and that their experience will help them positively contribute to their organization or school.
- Represent a local or national non-profit organization or school/university (not an international NGO).
- Represent an organization or school which does not have sufficient budget to enable them to participate otherwise.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Meet the 2019 requirements for visa letters applicants, if applicable (email
for for policy)
Applicants must complete the following by February 7, 2020 (no exceptions):
a. Submit online application form (next page)
b. Email CV/resume to
c. Have a professional/academic reference complete the online recommendation form:
d. Up-to-date membership dues:
i. New members must submit a membership application and send in 2020 dues before applying.
ii. Current members must have paid 2018 and 2019 dues.
iii. Visa applicants must be current (2019) members of CCIH and priority will be given to members who have previously attended the CCIH annual conference.
Applicants will be selected based on his/her personal statement (next page), which should include: a) sharing his/her background; b) his/her goals for the conference; and c) his/her perceived personal and community needs and the potential to promote CCIH mission in his/her country of origin.
Funding provided is dependent upon donations to the scholarship fund.
The scholarship MAY cover registration; meals during the conference; pre-conference workshops.
You are responsible for your lodging costs and transportation to the conference.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RECIPIENTS:
1. Attend the entire conference, June 4-6, 2020, including participation in all pre-conference sessions and the CCIH Advocacy Day on June 8, 2020 (Advocacy Day details to be confirmed).
2. Volunteer at the conference, e.g. help with time cards during Q & A sessions of plenaries, assist with set-up on June 3rd or clean-up of the conference on June 6th. Assignments will be given in May.
3. Provide a report on Conference experience for the CCIH Newsletter - The Connector to
by June 25, 2020.
Any recipients who do not adhere to the responsibilities listed above will be sent an invoice for the balance of their 2020 conference expenses and are ineligible for future scholarship opportunities with CCIH.
Working Group Participation
Which Working Group do you participate in?
Community based prevention and care
Health of Women & Children
Health Systems Strengthening
Integration of Faith & Work
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Christian Connections for International Health.