Do not do anything to the device that will permanently alter it in any way.
Do not remove the device from its protective case (if applicable) at any time or change it in any way. No stickers, writing, and markings should be made. (this will immediately void any insurance)
Do not leave your device unattended, in an unlocked locker, or loan it to other students.
Keep personal information private and remember that once something is posted online, no matter how private you think it is others can easily repost it without your knowledge.
The digital world is deigned to learn, share, and connect with people n a positive way. Do not post content online to insult, harass, bully, or degrade others.
Respect yourself and others by reporting abuse and any kind of inappropriate online communication. Contact a teacher, counselor, school administrator, or report online using the Sprigeo link on the VCHS website.
Make sure you are aware of where online information is coming from and be sure to follow school guidelines for using online resources.
As the year continues we will continue to learn more about protecting privacy, your digital footprint, appropriate online behavior, and intellectual property.
2. I agree that any inappropriate use of the device will result in school discipline that may include the loss of use and school suspension. Inappropriate use includes but is not limited to: a. Visiting inappropriate websites b. Possessing inappropriate pictures and or media files c. Cheating d. Installing unapproved applications or content f. Changing district / school device settings
3. I will make sure my device is charged and ready to use at school each day.
4. I will not disassemble my device, remove the device from its case (if applicable), or attempt any repairs. I understand that doing this will void purchased insurance.
5. I will use my device in ways that are appropriate, meet school district expectations and are educational.
6. I will not deface any part of the device, case, or labels.
7. I understand that the device is the property of Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District.
8. I will not use electronic media to insult, bully, harass, or degrade other people.
9. I will report any inappropriate online behavior that is directed towards me or others.
10. I will use online resources appropriately and cite all references to websites, books, and media.