APPLICATION: Film Submission Judge
By completing and submitting the following application, you are applying for the position of "Film Submission Judge" for the Blackbird Film Festival. This is an unpaid position in which you will be assigned a number of films to watch and review each week. Currently, the Blackbird Film Festival offers TWO internship terms:
SUMMER JUDGE TERM
► Start Date - June 1st
► End Date - August 1st
► Virtual - Open to All
FALL JUDGE TERM
► Start Date - August 20th
► End Date - December 10th
► In-Person / Virtual - Restricted to SUNY Cortland Students
Successful Submission Judges should:
1) Be prompt and responsive via email
2) Complete assigned submission reviews in a timely manner
3) Provide thorough and thoughtful feedback for each submission assigned
4) Be professional at all times while reviewing submissions
5) Enjoy watching films!
1) Must be 18+ years old
2) Feel confident using the internet (vimeo, youtube, google docs, etc)
3) Have access to an adequate internet connection suitable for streaming media
4) Able to write fluently in English
1) Working towards a degree in Media Production (or related field)
2) Have taken film theory / analysis classes
3) Currently an active filmmaker / media producer
4) Experience with Film Festivals
To continue, please complete the application below:
Please list the email you check MOST often - this will be the email you use to login to the judging platform.
What is you Birthday?
What best describes you?
Film / Media Production Student
Filmmaker / Media Professional
Film Enthusiast / Critic
Professor / Teacher / Educator
Why does this position interest you?
Which JUDGING TERM are your applying for?
SUMMER TERM (June 1st to August 1st)
FALL TERM (August 20th to December 10th)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University at Buffalo.