Keep Framingham Beautiful Week - Volunteer Sign Up
From Saturday, October 16th to Sunday, October 24th members of Keep Framingham Beautiful (KFB) invite everyone to participate in "Keep Framingham Beautiful Week”. This distributed event will be another big step forward towards our mission of a litter free city. We will mostly be encouraging folks to do small clean ups on their own or in self organized groups, but we will also be offering 3 group clean ups on the weekends.
Please read the details below and fill out the form so we can communicate with more specifics as the week approaches.
OUR GOAL: 100+ folks picking up litter across the week and posting pictures of their progress to our Facebook group:
This event is co-sponsored by Keep Framingham Beautiful, Framingham Earth Day Festival, Framingham Centre Nursery School, Jack's Abby Craft Lagers and the Framingham DPW.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email:
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Organization Name (leave blank if you are an individual)
MOSTLY DISTRIBUTED EVENT:
1. We are encouraging folks to clean up litter wherever they see it and whenever works for their schedule.
2. This may mean cleaning up your street, your neighborhood, a school, a park etc. Anywhere you see trash is a viable cleanup spot, as long as you can do so SAFELY.
3. Please post picture(s) of your progress to our Facebook group:
SELF ORGANIZE: We also encourage folks to self organize into small groups as this can be fun and will allow you to make a bigger impact. A few suggestions:
1. Make this a family activity with your spouse, children, etc.
2. Coordinate with neighbors to collectively do a thorough cleanup of your neighborhood.
3. Meet up with some friends at a park or school and clean it up together.
4. Reach out to folks on our Facebook group to see if others want to help you with a particular area:
GROUP CLEANUPS: We will have 3 group clean ups on the weekend for folks who are interested
2. Saturday, 10/23 @ 8:30am - Nobscot cleanup - meet @ Hemenway Elementary School (729 Water St.)
3. Sunday, 10/24 @ 10:00am - Downtown cleanup - meet @ ātac: downtown arts + music (160 Hollis St.)
1. We expect that most folks will find a small/medium amount of trash that they can dispose of in their own curbside trash barrel or a public barrel/dumpster that they come across.
2. If you are targeting an area with more trash than you can deal with please send us an email and we can likely help with disposal:
How do you plan to participate in this event? (select all that apply)
I will do my own cleanup
I will self organize a small group cleanup
Attending the Nobscot cleanup @ 8:30am on Saturday, October 23rd
Attending the Downtown cleanup @ 10:00am on Sunday, October 24rd
1. CHOOSE A SAFE PLACE to clean up. No piece of trash is worth endangering yourself for.
2. If you have little kids we suggest you go to a school or park and avoid roadsides.
3. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Wear bright colored clothes... preferably your KFB shirt!
5. Wear gloves.
6. Wear sturdy soled shoes.
7. Wear a face mask and keep a safe social distance from others.
8. Be careful of poison ivy. If you think you may have come in contact it is a good idea to use Tecnu wash or similar product.
9. When you get home, thoroughly wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
10. Be sure to check for ticks!
Do you understand how to safely participate in this event?
Do you have any other thoughts or questions regarding this event?
Are you interested in a Keep Framingham Beautiful T-shirt?
Please list your T-shirt size preference: Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, Adult XL, Adult XXL
Volunteer Release Form
I, a participant in the volunteer activities sponsored by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful agree to follow all cleanup instructions as stipulated by local cleanup organizers. I understand the work that I and others in my party have volunteered to do and hereby state that I am qualified and physically capable of accomplishing the work and activities for which I have volunteered. I understand that I may be collecting various types of debris, including broken glass, sharp objects, and other materials that may cause injury if handled improperly. All materials of unknown contents, heavy weight, or questionable safety (medical debris, chemical containers) will be left in place untouched, the location noted, and the cleanup coordinator informed.
Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful have no responsibility for any injuries that occur during the cleanup. By registering to participate in this event, I confirm that I have read and agreed to the following liability waiver:
I hereby release Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful and their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, expenses and/or injuries, whether to person or to property, which may result from my participation (as well as others I supervise) in this volunteer activity. I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc., Keep Framingham Beautiful, and their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, expenses and/or injuries, whether to person or to property, which may result from my participation (as well as others I supervise) in this volunteer activity. I acknowledge that I cannot make any claims against Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc., Keep Framingham Beautiful, or their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, or agents for any injury, loss, or damage to person (including bodily injury or death) or property suffered while participating in the Keep Framingham Beautiful Week volunteer work.
Releasor acknowledges that novel coronavirus (“Covid-19”) infections have been confirmed throughout the United States as well as within the county and region in which the activities listed above will occur. Releasor further acknowledges that participating in such activities comes with the inherent risk of contracting Covid-19 from (Keep Framingham Beautiful) staff, other participants, the general public, or otherwise. Releasor agrees to adhere to all Covid-19 related protocols and restrictions in place as promulgated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and local government policies.
PHOTOGRAPHS – I hereby provide consent that photographs of me taken at Keep Framingham Beautiful Week can be used by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful, Keep Framingham Beautiful, and its affiliates in publications, presentations, social media posts, websites, and sent to media outlets. In addition, I affirm that I hereby transfer the rights to any of the photos I post on Keep Massachusetts Beautiful or Keep Framingham Beautiful social media sites to Keep Massachusetts Beautiful and Keep Framingham Beautiful.
Do you agree to the entire Volunteer release form above?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service