CIC 2020: Membership Application
Please complete these questions and submit the requested information to apply for membership in the CIFCC. We will review every application as a team and reply to you at our earliest convenience. If you have any questions about the form or the process, please email us at:
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS:
1) Residency within the Chicagoland area, specifically Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, DeKalb, Kendall, Grundy, Will, and Kankakee counties in Illinois, Kenosha country in southeastern Wisconsin, and Lake, Porter, Newton, and Jasper counties in northwest Indiana.
2) EXPERIENCE: Body of work that spans a minimum of two full years
3) WRITING APPLICANTS: Must have a minimum of 50 published film reviews of 400 words or more in length.
4) AUDIO APPLICANTS: Must have a minimum of 50 shows/podcasts of at least 15 minutes in length reviewing a minimum of 50 films in year.
5) VIDEO APPLICANTS: 50 videos of at least 5-minute length reviewing a total of 50 films a year.
6) APPLICANTS OF MULTIPLE PLATFORMS: Must show a combination of contributions that still total a minimum of 50 fully reviewed films in a year.
7) FOR ALL APPLICANTS: As per a part of our mission, 15% of your total reviews need to be from independent, foreign language, or documentary sources.
8) FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Review quality, professionalism, quality of outlet, audience reach, candidate statement, and other personal traits will also be taken into consideration and reviewed by our review board.
NEW FOR 2020:
9) REFERRAL: You must have a current CIC member provide a brief letter or referral or recommendation on your behalf. Please submit those letters to
with your completed application.
If you are not a full-time film critic, but are considered a leading influence or contributor within the medium of film criticism, please consider applying as an Affiliate Member of the CIC. Please use the following link for that separate application:
Chicago Indie Critics (CIC) is a creative and engaging not-for-profit organization composed of unique, dedicated, and diversified film critics. Our members are wide-ranging in experiences, backgrounds, tastes, diversities, and target audiences across both print and on-line platforms and publications. We have organized to share our personal assessments, commentaries, passions, and creativity in the vigilant effort to highlight the greatness and diversity found in both independent and mainstream films. While we originate in the Chicagoland area, the efforts of the Chicago Indie Critics are to share, celebrate, and promote the rich artistic medium of film to audiences, fans, and eager minds across the nation and world as an exemplary and upstanding pillar of intelligent print and broadcast journalism.
1) Completed online form.
2) Notification of receipt of Membership Application form and anticipated timetable for decision.
3) Formal review of application and applicant's work by the CIC Directors.
4) Follow-up communication period to request further information, answer inquiries, or discuss a timetable for a decision.
5) Personal communication of final decision. We stand by the guarantee that you will hear from us personally with either acceptance or denial.
6) If approved to join, annual membership dues are $50, payable by check or PayPal, and will be due within the month after acceptance.
Fill out the following sections to the best of your ability and email us at
with any questions or needs.
Page 1 of 10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service