The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) has developed a best-in-class professional learning program, funded by General Motors, which provides powerful professional learning for educators to support student-driven AI explorations. In the first 6 years of this collaboration, the ISTE-GM AI Explorations program has served approximately 2,000 educators in the US and in US international schools around the world.
This year, the ISTE-GM AI Explorations program will be providing approximately 375 scholarships to participate in the Spring 2024 cohort. ISTE is inviting teachers, education leaders, higher ed faculty/staff, and preservice teachers to enroll teams of 3 - 6 educators. PreK-12 school and district/county teams, regional or state education organizations, or university teams serving preservice or inservice preK-12 teachers are eligible for this grant-funded scholarship opportunity.
Supported by an ISTE coach, educator teams can collaborate to complete our PD program, which provides a comprehensive introduction to artificial intelligence for education including:
- A grant-funded scholarship to participate in the 8-week, 15-hour Artificial Intelligence Explorations for Educators online course, which will be completed as a team with three course webinars (kick-off, mid-point, and wrap-up) and weekly submissions from March 18-May 12, 2024 ($249 value)
- The support of an ISTE-GM AI Explorations Coach during course completion.
- Access to our AI Education online community and webinar series where educators can connect with other learners and experts throughout the year
- Opportunities for continued connection and support after the course.
Upon successful course completion:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 29, 2024
- Participants will also receive a FREE one-year ISTE membership ($95 value).
- Up to 10 AI Explorations participants from current and past cohorts will also be selected to receive a free registration and present in the ISTELive 2024 Conference.
Applications received after Feb 29 will only be considered if space is available.
*Note: Priority acceptance will be given to U.S. schools and districts/counties serving traditionally underrepresented student populations in STEM, as well as to educator teams in Michigan, Texas and California. Up to 50 spots in 2024 will also be reserved for college and university teams from educator preparation programs. Applications from teams who do not meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for acceptance only If there are any remaining spots after all qualified teams in the U.S., U.S. territories and U.S. international schools are processed.**
*Note: Team members do not need to be current ISTE members to apply or participate.**
For more details about this grant-funded scholarship opportunity, visit:
You can also learn about other offerings and opportunities from the ISTE-GM AI Explorations program at http://isteaiexplorations.org
For questions, contact the ISTE-GM AI Explorations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.