If you choose, you may enroll in the emergency/weather notification program to receive either e-mails, phone
voice messages, or text messages on your mobile phone.
Before registering your contact items, you should know:
- It is your responsibility to provide and maintain your telephone/mobile phone number and the name of your
phone/mobile phone service provider. If a message is returned to Ohio University Southern as
undeliverable to the phone/mobile phone number or e-mail you have provided, your information may be
deleted from the system.
- Your mobile phone service must permit text messages to receive any text messaging.
- We will test the voice, e-mail, and text messaging periodically as deemed necessary.
- Any charge incurred from your mobile phone provider for receiving a text message, whether pursuant to a
test of the system or during an actual emergency, is your responsibility.
- We cannot guarantee delivery of an emergency voice mail, e-mail message, or text message to your
equipment because delivery is dependent on your phone provider, mobile phone provider, or ISP
provider and on the University having the ability to send a message at a particular point in time.
- Entering phone numbers on this system does NOT change your official phone numbers on file with
- OHIO University Southern assumes no legal liability if notice of an event or situation is not sent, or
contains incorrect information, whether due to human error, equipment malfunction, or other
By signing up for emergency/weather notification services, you represent that you are authorized to register the
phone phone, mobile phone number, e-mail address, or text messaging number you provide and you agree to
these terms and conditions in existence and as the terms and conditions may be updated from time to time.
Failure to provide complete legible information may result in your information not being entered into the
emergency/weather notification system.