Virtual Stories Summer Institute #SSI21 Application : Listening to Local Cultures & Traditions
This is the official application for the 2021 Stories Summer Institute hosted by Texas Folklife. The Institute will be held from August 6th-8th in a virtual setting along with supplemental work taking place from August 1st-4th, asynchronously.
Participants will receive 10 CPE credits for completing the virtual institute; approximately one hour equates to one hour virtual work.
Learning will be both asynchronous during the week and synchronous, and outside of a traditional 8-5 PM work schedule. There will also be a guest folklorist instructor! More TBD.
Instruction will be held via Texas Folklife Zoom, Google Classroom, and Google drive. The Stories Summer Institute counts for 10 TEA-approved Continued Professional Education credits. Texas Folklife is an accredited provider. Certificates of completion will be awarded at the end of the Institute.
To be eligible to participate, the following conditions need to apply:
1. You must currently live in Texas.
2. You must be a current educator with certification.
3. You must have access to a computer and Internet connection.
4. You must commit to attending the entire series and produce one recording to be showcased on the Texas Folklife Soundcloud.
- Learn audio documentation, and how to include these ideas into the classroom.
- Learn about the practice of folklore with an emphasis on the theme of pandemics. There will be a folklorist guest instructor! More TBD.
- Engage in a timely discussion about folklore usage
- Learn how to record and document at home.
- Experience using online software such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Google drive, Zencastr, and other recording and editing software.
Texas-area educators selected for this virtual series will automatically be eligible to attend at no cost. The cost for attendance is offset due to generous funding from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Artworks grant, supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Fund, and the Stories from Deep in the Heart Nancy Raye Moses Scholarship Fund.
APPLY BY JULY 28, 2021 11:59PM. You will hear back within 1-2 days of approval as there is limited capacity, and we will confirm applicants on a rolling basis. Apply early!
For more information, contact
. More information can be found at
Continue the application by pushing the Next button.
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Texas Folklife Resources, Inc..