Voices for Vermont's Children Youth Council Application
Voices for Vermont's Children engages in advocacy, outreach, research, and community organizing on behalf of Vermont’s children and youth. Our work addresses the full spectrum of child, youth and family issues – our four domains of focus include health, economic security, family and community, and education.
The purpose of the youth advisory council is to act as a voice for the youth of Vermont and ensure that our agenda accurately reflects the needs of young people in our state. The council will be both a guiding presence for Voices work as well as play an active role in advocating for our mission.
● Participate in monthly meetings to receive legislative updates, discuss and prioritize issues impacting youth, advise Voices on youth needs, and create and implement projects in support of legislative goals.
● Participate in Voices conferences by attending and/or creating youth driven training opportunities
● Engage in advocacy and direct project work to support priority legislation
● Receive trainings related to leadership development, team building, non-profit and advocacy
● Provide a direct voice for youth in Voices policy work
● Youth between the ages of 14-20 who are interested in improving the quality of life for all young people in Vermont
● Commitment to participate in monthly meetings located at our Montpelier office and commit to a full school year. Virtual attendance for some meetings is possible.
● Ability to attend periodic trainings and events
● Support for voices legislative work and engagement in advocacy projects as determined by group
● An interest in growing leadership skills
● Past experiences in youth leadership, advocacy, or organizing is welcomed but not required
Skill Building Opportunities
● Learn about and directly engage in the legislative process over the course of an entire legislative session
● Build leadership skills
● Learn about non-profit structure and potential career paths
● Engage in project and advocacy work to directly impact the lives of all of Vermont’s children
● Potential opportunities to engage in other statewide youth boards and conference
● Opportunity to become proficient in transferable skills. Meets LE for Citizenship
*Meetings will likely take place at 5:30 or 6:00 pm on a regular weekday evening each month. Exact times/dates tbd.
What is your name?
What is your phone number?
What school do you go to?
What grade will you be in during the 2019-2020 school year?
Why should we consider you to be a member of the Voices for Children's youth council?
What are you hoping to gain from participation in the council?
What issues facing the youth of Vermont are most important to you?
Are you interested in any leadership roles within the council?
Are you available to commit to attending one in person meeting each month as well as occasional additional events or campaigns for the 2019-2020 school year?
Please share days/times that are best for you and explain any potential conflicts in your schedule.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Montpelier Public Schools.
Terms of Service