MEDECOS 2020 - Conference Field Trip Proposals
MEDECOS is an international conference on the evolution, ecology and conservation of the world’s five regions with Mediterranean-type climate regimes, all of which are recognized as globally significant hotspots of biodiversity. The conference attracts academics, managers, researchers and students whose work centres on Mediterranean-climate ecosystems. In 2020, the FYNBOS FORUM will combine with MEDECOS to host MEDECOS 2020 from 6-11 September 2020 at Club Mykonos, in Langebaan, Westen Cape, South Africa. Please see the website for further details:
The conference organising committee hereby requests proposals from individuals or companies to provide pre- or post-conference field trips. Please submit proposals for a conference field trip by completing the Google Form (below).
Field trip/tour organizers are expected to:
• Complete the Google Form below, and email supporting documentation (details of organisers, including contact details, trip summary, detailed itinerary and special requirements) to:
• Provide publicity material to conference organisers
• In the case of overnight trips, accommodation and food must be arranged
• Adhere to the conference code of conduct and ensure the safety of delegates
• Handle the financial transactions independently of the conference organization
• Communicate directly via email with interested/registered candidates
• Inform conference organisers of any special insurance that may be required (if any) in which case service providers should confirm compliance with all statutory requirements to provide a tourism service in South Africa.
Conference organizers will:
• Revise the submitted proposal and reserve the right to select appropriate candidates to host field trip / please note: incomplete proposals will not be considered.
• Provide a platform for delegates to register their interest in the field trip via the MEDECOS conference website
• Advertise the field trips via various conference-related social media outlets & the conference website.
Please note that the conference organizers cannot guarantee delegate participation.
Closing date for field trip proposals: 30 September 2019.
Decisions to be communicated by 15 October 2019.
The MEDECOS Organising Committee
Please provide full contact details (name, email, cell and address) of the lead organiser(s):
Provide names and contact details of any accompanying guide(s) and organiser(s):
Please provide name and contact details of two contactable referees:
Is the proposed field trip a day or overnight trip?
Overnight Trip (accommodation and food required)
Please provide a contextual paragraph (max 300 words) of the field trip (*ensure relevance to the Geater Cape Floristic Region and the natural environment):
Provide a detailed itinerary, including cost per person (in ZAR; include a 5% administration fee per attendee for the Fynbos Forum NPC):
How many participants can attend the field trip?
Less than 10 people
Transport will be arranged for people to attend the trip, including pick-up & drop off from Cape Town or Club Mykonos (Langebaan)?
If no transport is required (as above), please provide a brief explanation...
Any other relevant information to support the proposal?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service