Watershed invites exhibitors (cinemas, festivals, community cinemas, etc…) to showcase the winning DepicT! '18 super shorts free of charge on DCP (or DVD). Depict is Watershed’s international short film online competition challenging filmmakers from all over the globe to create tiny shorts of 90 secs or less.
It has been running since 1998 as part of Encounters Festival (Bristol, UK) – one of the world’s leading international festival for short film, animation and virtual reality, and also an official gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards; the Academy Awards®, BAFTAs and the European Film Awards.
How does it work:
- The DepicT! '18 winning shorts below are now BBFC certificated; screen them either in front of a feature film run or as you see fit.
- Download images here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0xnm36qnki1sw5i/AACaoxx4m1M9Vk0MOk7CWKXxa?dl=0
- To book the films, fill in this (very) short form.
- Please let audiences know that the 2019 DepicT! call for entries will open on depict.org and filmfreeway.com/depict in the new year. Deadline for entries: 1st July either 2019.
- After your, screening, please email the number of admissions and any feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you that organise short film nights, note that the full 2018 shortlist and Best of DepicT! is available for bookings on DVD. We also regularly create tailor made selections from the archive for festivals. Dig into the archive and don’t hesitate to get in touch with Clare Leczycki if you have a specific request or query: email: email@example.com
The Main DepicT! Award: HEAD OVER HEELS U, Leonid Grigurko, Russia, 2018 (01:23)An Earth girl experiences an unearthly dream.
The DepicT! Special Mention: ECHO 15, Aimie Willemse, UK, 2018 (01:44)A girl exploring an abandoned tunnel alone, hears someone… or something else in the dark with her.
Depict The Royal Photographic Society: TRAUM(A) NOVELLA PG, Francesco Faralli, Italy, 2018 (01:15)Why going to the hairdresser is becoming a nightmare…
Channel 4 Random Acts: PORTRAIT OF A PAINTER PG, Euan Gilmour, UK 2018 (01:45)A creatively blocked artist discovers her most recent painting has a darker nature then she expected.
Shooting People Audience Award: ESCAPE U, Anton Dushkin, Russia, 2018 (01.27)Simple everyday routines provide an escape from distress in this animated tale of careworn housewife.
WATCH THE FILMS HERE:https://www.depict.org/watch-films/