Please help us gather resources for parents of young children to address racial equity at school and on the playground, in our neighborhoods, city and world. We are looking for resources which serve the following PURPOSE:
- Self-Reflection: Opportunities for parents to deepen their understanding of race and equity issues, with a focus on anti-black racism
- Kid-Friendly Conversation Starters: Developmentally appropriate resources (e.g. stories, toys, etc.) for educating young children (age 10 and younger) about race and equity issues
- Tips and Suggestions: Conversational tips, tools and strategies to begin conversations about race within a family, workplace, schools and neighborhood
- Opportunities for Action: Suggested actions that families with young children to take action!
- Celebrating African American Culture: So much of North American culture is centered around euro-centric values, ideas, and histories. Children need to be exposed to diverse viewpoints and see African-Americans as heroes and protagonists in the narratives we share
Questions? Please email us at TinyTeachIn@gmail.com