CCCFV is excited for the opportunity to consider your workshop proposal for our 16th annual North Texas Facing Family Violence Conference!
Founded in 2003, our annual conference is one of the ways we perform our mission to eliminate and respond to family violence through a coordinated, comprehensive effort, which includes education, prevention, intervention, and seamless 24-hour assistance.
This year the conference will be a 3-day professional event from October 17th-19th. The purpose of the North Texas Facing Family Violence Conference is to provide an environment where organizations and individuals have an opportunity to gain valuable insight into current best practices as well as emerging trends in criminal justice response. The workshops provided during this conference are aimed at addressing the needs of professionals in a variety of different settings and disciplines.
When submitting your proposal to the committee please try to consider one or more of the following:
• Increase knowledge of best practices in family violence and sexual assault investigations• Evidence and research-based approaches to addressing Family Violence• Innovative practices for working with trauma victims• Liabilities and challenges faced by professionals in the field • Workshops that are appropriate for new, intermediate, and highly experienced professionals• Intersectional approaches to family violence and working with marginalized communities.
• Best Practices for Law Enforcement • Legal options and Prosecution• Best practices and trends in Victim Services and Social Services
• Workshop breakouts will be 90 minutes long.
• The deadline for emailing completed proposals is March 2nd at 6:00 PM (Central time). Workshops submitted after this date may not be considered by the committee.
• The Primary presenter is responsible for communicating information to the co-presenters.
Submitting a proposal does not guarantee you will be chosen to present. The committee will notify you if your workshop is accepted by May/June 2018.