The basic values of CAMentrepreneurs are set out in these documents..
We want to organise high quality events, add value and be useful.
In places where there is a thriving entrepreneurship support eco-system and/or a local alumni chapter this may well be in partnership with existing organisations. We encourage you to try a pilot event. As you will see in our "Starting a new branch*" guide - the first step is to understand the local entrepreneurship support eco system in your area.
Our official presence is here https://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/group/camentrepreneurs
on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/Camentrepreneurs-1657091887849096/about we have a Facebook Group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/666883720134093/and on Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/groups/12012315
We may set up our own website in the future, but for now, effectively we use Linkedin and Facebook
This group is for entrepreneurial alumni who have started a business (and/or want to) and would like to
a) help students
b) network with other alumni.
c) otherwise get involved
I wrote a manifesto for the group here
which gives a sense of my perspective.
I believe there is a big issue of alumni not being as actively engaged as they could be in the places they studied.
This applies to many places not just Cambridge.
The time has come for change, in which Cambridge can play a leading role.
Richard LucasDecember 2016
By filling in this form you agree to me and others reading it, and it being stored according to Google's term of use. It will not be used for illegal purposes.
Goals of CAMentrepreneurs
1 To facilitate and encourage transfer of know how, contacts and capital to and from businesspeople/entrepreneurs among the alumni of Cambridge University to each other, current entrepreneurial students, and others.
2. To give current students access to role models among entrepreneurial alumni who can help transmit the message that business success is possible.
3. to celebrate the business success of alumni
4, To work with and encourage existing alumni associations to include entrepreneurship support in their activities
5 to provide a business friendly environment where pro enterprise people from different organisations can meet and get to know each other, and develop their networks. We are "Cambridge and... ", not "Cambridge only... "
6. To broaden and deepen the number of entrepreneurs active in Alumni events.
7. To provide a platform and vehicle so that members and leaders can promote initiatives of relevance to their local area.
8. To provide a global network so that when members of CAMentrepreneurs are travelling they have local points of contact.
9. To ensure that events organised by CAMentrepreneurs are worth the time and effort participants put in by attending, are interesting, useful and enjoyable.
10. To encourage an pro active atmosphere of initiative, contribution and sharing, where we encourage members to think how they can contribute and make an impact with or through the organisation.