Beginning Band Questionnaire
2016-2017 School Year
1. Choose your grade
2. Choose your current Band Period
3rd Period - Beginning Band
4th Period - Beginning Band
5th Period - Beginning Band
6th Period - Beginning Percussion
3. Have you ever taken music lessons before?
3A. If Yes, what have you taken lessons in?
4. How well do you read music?
Choose the answer that describes you best.
I don't know how to read music at all.
I know how to read a few notes and a few rhythm symbols.
I know most of the note names and how to count most common rhythms.
I know all note names in treble and bass clef, and understand how to count rhythms up to 16th notes and rests.
5. What are the reasons you chose to take band?
Choose all that apply.
I've always wanted to learn a band instrument.
My parents want me to take band.
Someone in my family plays a band instrument, and I thought it would be fun to do.
I got into this class without signing up for it.
I just thought I'd try it out and see if I like it.
I don't really have a reason.
6. Have you ever attended a band concert before?
7. What types of bands have you seen before?
These could be in a live concert, or on TV, or in a Movie, etc. Choose all that apply.
Parade Marching Band
Field Show Marching Band
I've never attended a band concert of any kind.
8. How nervous are you to play an instrument in front of people?
VERY scared to play in front of people.
A little scared to play in front of people.
I get a little nervous, but I think I will like playing if front of people.
I LOVE performing in front of people. I'm not nervous at all.
9. It wouldn't likely happen, but if you were asked to play an instrument that wasn't your first choice, how willing would you be to do it?
NOT willing at all. If I don't get my first choice, I don't want to do band.
I might be willing, but I'd rather play my first choice.
I'm completely willing to play whatever instrument you need. I like them all!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Washington County School District.
Terms of Service