When: Thursday, April 11 from 6 - 8:30 p.m.
Where: 732 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd., NW
Event Description: The ACFB is located at 732 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd., NW. We will be sorting and packing food in the Product Rescue Center. Swarthmore has 10 spots available for the event, so please RSVP soon. Please contact Linda Valleroy '72 (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
The Product Rescue Center (PRC) provides quality grocery items including non-perishable goods such as canned and packaged products as well as perishable goods such as frozen/refrigerated items and also health and beauty items to over 700 non-profit partner agencies in Metro Atlanta and the North Georgia area. These partner agencies, in turn, distribute these products to individuals and families in need. Volunteers make this possible by sorting, inspecting and packing donated items for these groups. The PRC is a fun, hands-on project for groups, families, businesses, schools, and individuals.
We hope to see you there!
More details on the service project:
* Requested Attire: Wear closed-toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops, or high-heeled shoes are allowed.
* Arrival Time: 6 p.m. Late volunteers may be asked to return at a later date. Please notify the volunteer department at 678-553-5984 if you or your group are going to be late. (If you are running late for an evening shift please call 404-419-1733.)
* Age Requirements: Volunteers must be at least eight years old. An adult must accompany volunteers under 18 yrs. old. One adult chaperone is required: per 4 youths under 10; per 6 youths 10-13 yrs; per 10 youths 14-17yrs. All adult chaperones in your group will be asked to sign in upon arrival, and to accept responsibility for each youth present.
* Physical Requirements: Volunteers must be able to lift 20-40 lbs. and stand for prolonged periods of time. This project may require sorting of frozen or refrigerated items such as meats and dairy products. Gloves and aprons are provided on site for volunteers as needed.
* Parking and directions: Directions to our facility can be found at http://www.acfb.org/info/location/. Please follow these directions, as some online mapping programs are inaccurate for our neighborhood. After parking, follow the signs to the PRC entrance located at the rear of the building. The parking lot at ACFB is locked after the end of each evening. If volunteering during these times, ACFB volunteers are advised not to leave their cars in our lot after their shift has concluded.
* Inclement Weather: In the event of extreme weather conditions, volunteers are advised to call 678-553-5984 for updated information as to the status of your volunteer shift.
* Documentation: If you need a document acknowledging your volunteer service, please ask the group leader during orientation.