To enter the contest, visit www.FreakNightFestival.com or http://www.championparty.com and complete the online entry form. For any in store registrations, entrants can receive 20% off of costume purchases, rentals, and Halloween decor at Champion Party Supply. Walk up registrations at the event will also be accepted if space is still available prior to the contest. On-site registrations will be located at the FreakNight Festival Guest Services booth within FreakNight Festival.
At the time of the rules posting, masks will not be allowed into the Tacoma Dome for FreakNight.
2. DATES & TIMES:
Walk-up Registration: October 28th, 2016
Walk up registration will be offered (based on availability) at the Champion Party Supply booth within FreakNight Festival. Please refer to the Festival Map to locate the Guest Services booth.
Preliminary Judging: October 29th, 2015, 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Once you arrive inside the Tacoma Dome for FreakNight Festival, proceed to the Sideshow Stage to check in. Show off your costume on stage, have your photo taken, and fill out any remaining paperwork.
Your costume will be judged by a panel of judges when you first arrive at the Sideshow Stage. Make sure your entire group has arrived when you check in.
15 Finalists will be chosen. 5 from each category.
Finalist Selection: October 29th, 2016, 11:00pm
We will have 3 to 5 finalists per category.
When preliminary judging ends at 9:30pm, finalists will be selected and notified no later than 10:00pm. Notifications will be send out via text message, and on our official FreakNight Facebook page and event wall.
Contacted finalists must arrive at the Sideshow Stage prior to 10:45pm for check-in, or will risk giving up their position to the next available entrant.
Finalists are to be judged by a group of 4 independent judges. One judge from USC Events, one judge from Champion Party Supply, and two special DJ judges.
1. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The winner will receive $2016!
2. One (1) Second Prize will be awarded. Second Prize Winner will receive $666.66!
3. One (1) Third Place Prize will be awarded. Third Prize Winner will receive $201.60!
4. All finalists win a FreakNight 2016 T-Shirt!
All federal, state and local taxes on all prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor and Originator reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value at the Sponsor and Originator's sole discretion. The Winners will be notified during the final announcement. If winner(s) cannot be located or do not claim his/her prize, prize(s) will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor and Originator’s sole discretion.
4 JUDGING CRITERIA:
Each entry must fall under one of the following categories. Each category cannot have more than 50 entrants. Judges will be voting based on a 5 point scale, within the following categories (1) creativity/originality and (2) best representation. The maximum points to be obtained is 10. Choose from the following categories:
Best Female Costume
Best Male Costume
Best Group/Couple Costume
The public viewing of preliminary and finalist entries is for entertainment purposes only and does not impact the judging and/or winner selection. The judging scores will not be published at any time. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the top scoring entry of all eligible entries. The Second and Third Prize Winners will be determined by the entries which receive the next highest scores. In the event of a tie, the tying participant with the highest score in the Originality criteria from among all tying participants will be deemed the winner. In the event there are not enough entries to fulfill all of the prizes set forth herein, all such unfulfilled prizes will go unawarded.
5. CONTEST ENTRIES: The entrant must be the main representative for the costume (groups or couples). By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the entry does not contain material that would infringe upon third party rights if used in advertising; and (ii) any person(s) other than the entrant that is part of entrants costume has given his or her permission to its submission into the contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules. All materials, documents, information and data submitted to the Sponsor and Originator in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to the Contest entry, forms and photos of contest (collectively “Contest entry”) are the property of Sponsor and Originator, will not be returned and cannot be acknowledged. Submission of a Contestentry grants Sponsor and Originator the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such entry in commerce and in any and all media, including but not limited to Sponsor and Originator’s website, Facebook.com, Instagram and Twitter.com without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the entry. The Sponsor and Originator will disqualify any Contest entry published in magazines, papers, or related medium, or entered in other contests. Any Contest entry that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest entry.
The determination of the appropriateness of any costume is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Originator. No costumes shall contain any material that would degrade or demean the human form, image or status of women, men or the members of any group based on race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation or any other minority status, or include an image of any person that is under 18 years of age. If the potential winning entrant is found to not be of the age of 18 an individual(s) who is 18 years of age or older, an alternate winner may be selected at the Sponsor and Originator’s sole discretion.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry except wherever else prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Champion, its subsidiaries and assignees, and its respective affiliates, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, wholesalers, distributors or retailers, Conscious Entertainment Group its subsidiaries and assignees, and its respective affiliates, employees, artist, advertising and promotion agencies, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply. Any staff, volunteer, contracted affiliate of Sponsor or Originator may not participate in the contest.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, all entrants release Champion Party Supply and Conscious Entertainment Group (“Sponsor and Originator”), and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, and agents, including advertising agencies, from any and all injury, loss, or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the contest and/or acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. In addition, all entrants release Champion Party Supply, Conscious Entertainment Group and their subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, and agents, including advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from any such liability and agree that these entities are in no manner responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion and/or prize. Sponsor and Originator shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor and Originator harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the contest may be taxable as income to its winner. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
8. ELECTRONIC ENTRIES: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Sponsor and Originator is not responsible for: (a) telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, for any human error, or entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmission, lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect; or
(b) inability to access the websites or any other error or malfunction which may occur, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or determined to have been submitted by anyone other than the individual entrant will not be accepted. Sponsor and Originator reserves the right to modify or cancel this contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest. Sponsor and Originator reserves the right to clarify errors which result from the printing of these rules and regulations. By participating in this contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Originator, which are final and binding in matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ORIGINATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.