Please read the bellow request for proposals CAREFULLY to avoid being eliminated from consideration for not meeting the qualifications.
__________________________________________________REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
LINKS HALL’s mission is to encourage artistic innovation and public engagement by maintaining a facility and providing flexible programming for the research, development and presentation of new work in the performing arts.
Summer Intensives are flexible studio residencies aimed at creating lower pressure opportunities for artists to experiment with new practices. These "ala carte" residencies will be 1-4 weeks long based on the resident's needs. They offer a great opportunity for emerging artists to try their hand at a studio residency for the first time, and offers established artists' room to experiment with new material or collaborate with out of town partners.
Though this program will continue to focus primarily on supporting local artists; some preference will be given to Chicago artists interested in dedicating the time to working with long distance collaborators, and a few slots may be offered to out of town artists interested in developing relationships with the Chicago performance community.
The selection will be made by a Links Hall's Programing Committee Co-Chaired by Cheryl Lynn Bruce and Julia Mayer.
- A 1-4 week residency, up to 20 hours of studio time per week.
- A $100 per week stipend, per project NOT per ensemble member, to help cover transportation or other unexpected expenses.
- A split bill works in progress performance at Links Hall in Studio A as a part of Links Hall's Fall CoMISSION WIP Monday Night Series (Aug 2019 - January 2020).
- A Links Hall LD PSM for their works in progress performance.
- Free access to Commissioning Collective performances at Links Hall until the end of Jan 2018.
- Discount rehearsal and perfomance rates at Links Hall following their residency.
__________________________________________________Summer Intensive Artists Are Expected To...
- Use all of their scheduled rehearsal hours during their intensive.
- Manage their rehearsal schedules. i.e cancel rehearsals with staff, don't just not show up!
- Clean the studio floors either before or after your rehearsals.
- Attend other artists WIP showings and participate in the Links Hall community.
- Submit past performance documentation footage for the residency screening party, and attend if possible. (Wed June 13)
- Join in and help out based on your individual skill sets.
- Applicants should be engaged with movement as a core element in their creative work.
- Applications are welcome from individual artists, collaborating partners or groups. If you are applying with partner(s) or a group, please demonstrate in your application that everyone is committed to utilizing the space and time offered through the Intensive – i.e. weekday hours between 9am-5pm. If there is any interest in early evening hours please ask for time in July.
- Flexibility, we ask applicants to have a reasonable level of flexibility in the dates they are available for their Intensives - if you really only have 2 weeks in the summer where its possible for you to work with us please let us know, but flexibility makes it easier for us to accept your application.
__________________________________________________Criteria for Selection
- Proposals will be reviewed in the context of Links Hall’s mission.
- Links Hall seeks to support innovative, original, risk taking artistic practices.
- Work should be a reflection of contemporary practices in the live arts both locally and nationally.
- We will assess the applicants need in alignment with their past artistic experience - is this a right time in the applicants artistic career for this opportunity? Are the resources of an Intensive necessary for the proposed artistic growth?
- Your application should address how you will benefit from having access to the resources provided by this intensive, most significantly access to studio rehearsal space and works in progress opportunities.
__________________________________________________TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED
1) A two page maximum resume or CV
2) Online video documentation, 5 min maximum: stills, DVD’s will not be considered
If you have additional questions please look at the FAQ's on the "artist support" drop down menu first, and then contact Anna Trier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 773.281.0824 with any further inquiries.
All application materials must be submitted throw this form, Selected artists will be notified by the end of February, 2017