- The interpreter can verbally interpret the PWN to parents during the meeting.
- Please ask the parent if he/she would like to receive a written translation of the PWN.
- If the parent does not request for the PWN to be translated, please provide the English version of the PWN to him/her after you finalize the IEP in Enrich and document parent's refusal of the written translation.
IF A PARENT REQUESTS A WRITTEN TRANSLATION OF THE PWN, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
• PLEASE copy and paste the language from the PWN into the form below PRIOR to finalizing your IEP in Enrich.
• PLEASE avoid using slang in the PWN.
• PLEASE proof read the PWN before submitting it.
• PLEASE fill out the rest of the form below and submit it.
• PLEASE document that the translation will be sent home following the meeting in the PWN.
The teams will then receive the translated document from the ELA office within 10-14 days and the team will send it home to parents.
*PWNs are to be succinct while containing all necessary elements required in the PWN*
If you have any questions, please contact Anna McInroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (720) 554-5098.