Experience the charm of Downtown Wichita Falls at this evening event. Browse our eclectic, locally owned boutiques and antique shops on Indiana Avenue. Enjoy culinary creations from area food vendors. Explore new forms of art or just relax and let the music carry you away.
Art and Soul will be Saturday, June 24 from 3-10 p.m. at 8th and Ohio. Proceeds will benefit projects of Downtown Wichita Falls Development.
To Sign Up:
Please send high-resolution photographs of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017. We require at least one photograph from each type of medium you wish to sell. We will notify you through email if you are accepted. Once accepted, we will contact you about submitting your payment. Your booth will come with an installed 10x10 white tent, one eight-foot table, and two folding chairs.
Commercially fabricated forms, kits, patterns, manufactured, mass produced or molded items are not acceptable. Downtown Wichita Falls Development reserves the right to remove unacceptable art from the artist’s exhibit space.
10x10 tent, one eight-foot table, and two folding chairs will be provided. Electricity is available. Downtown Wichita Falls Development accepts no responsibility for stolen or damaged property, accidents or injury.
There are 20 limited spots available near the stage in the Farmers Market. Those spaces will be available first come first serve. Artists will receive one eight-foot table and two folding chairs. No tent will be necessary or provided as the Farmers Market is covered.
Screens will be available first come, first serve to rent through the Wichita Falls Art Association. They are $20/screen, minimum 2 screens.
Show in/Show out:
Exhibitors will be responsible for all necessary structures, lighting, set-up and furnishings, e.g., extension cords, labeling of art, easels, drapes, additional tables, etc. Artists will have a designated drive through access times for set-up on Saturday, June 24th. Exhibit spaces must be ready to open at 2 p.m. On Saturday evening, artists will have two hours to dismantle their spaces after the event closes at 10 p.m.
1. Placement of the exhibit spaces will be at the discretion of the Art and Soul committee unless special arrangements are needed and are requested in advance.
2. No participant will be allowed to set-up without a signed and dated application and liability release.
3. Downtown Wichita Falls Development reserves the right to revoke or refuse to grant space at any time, without recourse by the participant. The Committee shall not be liable to anyone for this action.
4. No exhibit space will be granted to those representatives or organizations wishing to or express religious, moral or political opinions. Art with religious, moral or political themes can be deemed acceptable, and will be juried at the discretion of the committee.
5. Artists are invited to do demonstrations within their exhibit spaces.
6. Because Downtown Wichita Falls Development will have already incurred expenses for this event, no refunds will be given.
7. No boom boxes or recorded music will be allowed in artists’ exhibit areas.
8. Artists requiring electricity must bring a 100 ft heavy duty extension cord. Electrical supply is limited. Because of this, artists are allowed to plug in one item only. Power strips are not allowed. Battery operated fans and lights are allowed and encouraged.
9. No exclusive rights for the sale of any item will be granted.
10. Downtown Wichita Falls Development has the exclusive right to the sale of all beverages, including but not limited to alcohol, bottled water, soft drinks, and novelty drinks during the event.
For questions, contact Jeanette Charos at email@example.com or 940-322-4525