By becoming a supporter of the Right to Housing Coalition you are indicating that you agree with:Our Vision:
housing that is affordable, safe, secure, in good condition and appropriate is realized for all.Our Mission:
to secure major commitments from all levels of government to solve the ongoing housing crisis for the most marginalized people.Our Goals:
to bring people together to:
(1) generate publicity, public awareness, and research on housing issues that impact people experiencing low income.
(2) mobilize community to support and advocate for social housing. The Right to Housing Coalition believes:
● That all people have the right
to housing, necessary for dignity and security. We believe this looks like housing that is affordable, safe, secure, in good condition, and appropriate for the household.
● That it is a responsibility shared among all our levels of government to respond with strong policy and action to ensure this right
. The right
to housing is guaranteed by the National Housing Strategy Act which was passed in June 2019.
● That the best and proven way for this right
to be achieved is through an adequate supply of social housing.What do Right to Housing supporters sign up for?
● To stay informed on current issues, actions, and advocacy around housing for low-income people through email updates. We encourage supporters to also become involved and share their voice by attending general meetings and being part of a working group.
● To be listed as a supporter on our website and counted as endorsing organizations in our campaigns.
● To have the opportunity to network with other Right to Housing supporters at meetings and events.
● To have the opportunity to collaborate with other Right to Housing supporters who participate.