Thank you for registering your child(ren) in our program! We are looking forward to a fun-filled season where our kids will learn and improve their skills as well as embrace the values of integrity (doing the right thing) and intensity (working & playing hard). My goal is to create a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment so that every wrestler, regardless of ability, has a great experience.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Proctor Fairgrounds (800 N Boundary Avenue, Proctor, MN 55810):
- Sunday GIRLS ONLY 4:00pm - 5:15pm
Cancellations or Postponements:
- We will follow the ISD-704, Proctor, School District’s cancellation schedule. In the event of inclement weather or an emergency, you will receive an email from the Coaches
Punctuality and Attendance:
- Being on time is critical. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before practice so we have ample time to get changed into wrestling shoes.
If your child is sick, we’d rather have them miss a practice or event rather than risk getting other children sick. Please be considerate.
Apparel & Hygiene:
- T-Shirt or Long-Sleeved Shirt:
- Anything baggy should be tucked-in
- No buttons or zippers
- Shorts or Sweatpants:
- No buttons or zippers
- Clean Gym Shoes or Wrestling Shoes:
- No street shoes on the mats
- Fingernails Clipped
- Bathe after each practice and event
What we’ll work on at practices and events:
- Rules: We’d like them to know more about the rules of the sport so that they can wrestle more effectively at the next level.
- Skills: We want all to improve on Takedowns, Breakdowns, Escapes, Reversals, and Pinning by the end of the season. This will be done through drilling, live wrestling, and games.
- Safety: Wrestling can be dangerous if safety rules are not followed. We will be diligent in making sure no one puts themselves or others at risk.
- Coaches will be firm, fair, and consistent in all practices and events. We will be implementing a “3-Strike, 3-Out Rule” for actions that are deemed as distracting, disrespectful, dangerous, destructive, and/or malicious.
3-Strike Rule (Each practice/event is a clean slate):
- 10-Minute Timeout
- Sit-Out for the rest of a Practice or Event
- During a season; if a child has been asked to “Sit-Out” for 3 Practices or Events, they will be removed from the program until the next season.
- Bullying and/or purposely perpetrating physical harm to others, inside or outside the program, will be subject to suspension until next season.
- During practices and events, we’d ask that you allow our coaches to guide your child in their growth and development in wrestling.
Expectations during the Season:
- The emphasis is not on winning, but on development and having fun. My primary goal this season is to make sure every child wants to come back next year. Your child may be the most skilled wrestler on the team, or may be the least skilled. Either way, I will treat all wrestlers fairly and reward positive attitude, hustle, and improvement over natural ability.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all at our first practice!