At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
BA/BS in relevant scientific diciplines
For this position you will be joining a team which builds portable PCR thermocyclers and under the Company's Quality Management System. You will be involved in as many processes as your skills allow, and will gain experience in the mechanical and electrical technology implemented in a state of the art system. The candidate must be able to work independently towards a common goal shared by team members.
• Good attention to detail
• Organizational skills
• Ability to follow detailed instructions (written or verbal)
• Ability to perform tasks without direction
• Desire to learn
• Able to work as part of a team
• Assembling hardware components for devices
• Performing quality control on all components and final products
• Following quality management system, filling out documentation of manufacturing
work instructions and production specification lot history records and proper filing
of those documents
- Participate in the quality control and assurance process of subcomponents used in assembly
- Work in cooperation with ERP/MRP software to keep track of open work orders
- Experience in handling electronic components in an ESD safe manner
- Troubleshooting and debugging of electromechanical instruments
- Functional understanding of assembly drawing reading
- Ability to function with and without discrete work instructions
- Ability to adhere to good documentation and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work alone as well as in an interdisciplinary and cross-functional team
Upper left corner of the form
Please submit your resume in PDF format to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume/ Position Applied For
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume/ Assembly Technician
Please answer the following questions
In one or two sentences please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was interesting project, preferably outside of work or school that you created?
Submit links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.