Mini O'Beirne Crisis Nursery - Board Member Application
Mini O'Beirne Crisis Nursery (MOCN) accepts nominations for its Board of Directors for review by its Nominating Committee and approval by its Board of Directors. The board, composed of not less than 12 and not more than 21 members, represents a crosssection of community citizens and interests. Terms are for three years and can be repeated.
Board members are expected to accept the following responsibilities:
- Attend every monthly board meeting on the first Tuesday of each month at 5:15 p.m. (three excused absences are allowed per year.)
- Contribute financial support to Mini O'Beirne Crisis Nursery according to your financial ability and commitment.
- Serve on two committees and in turn, chair or co-chair a committee.
- Attend and support Mini O'Beirne Crisis Nursery events (e.g. Trivia Night, Golf Outing, Bingo) to the best of your ability.
- Helping run the Holiday Store, the nursery’s biggest fundraiser, in December which includes 5-6 shifts (15-20 hours) weeknights/weekends on-site at the store.
If you have not visited the Nursery previously, you are asked to take a virtual tour and meet with the Executive Director, and a board representative, preferably the person recommending you. Please contact Jen McMillin at Jen@MiniOBeirne.org or 217-525-6800 to schedule a meeting.