Currently on campus activities and events have been suspended for the Fall 2020 term. Off campus and online events will continue, providing that all Covid-19 procedures in effect at the time of the event are met and adhered to. Event proposals for these are still required and will be sanctioned by the ULSU on a case by case basis. Upon submission you will receive a confirmation email indicating your request was successfully sent, NOT booked. Please keep email for future correspondence related to that event.
Clubs must adhere to the following:
1. All students must complete the University of Lethbridge’s online safety orientation and attestation.
2. The event must be approved and sanctioned by the Students’ Union. Off-campus events must be held in public, bookable spaces (events on private property, including homes, backyards, etc., are not allowed). Attendees must be made aware of the risks associated with carpooling and/or public transportation to and from the venue. In some circumstances where a club may want to host a larger event off-campus, clubs will need to fill out a Student Event Management form (SEM), and you may require hazard assessments. You may also require specific documents such as liquor licenses, raffle tickets, etc. The Students’ Union will assist you with that information. In some cases University of Lethbridge Campus Safety may need to approve of the event as well. Communication between the Students’ Union and Campus Safety will be on-going throughout the semester.
3. All in-person club events will require all participants to sign a liability waiver (that incorporates COVID-19 verbiage), prior to the event. These will be individually created by the Students’ Union and will be available online. In-person events must have a closed, invitation or RSVP attendance list in advance. Events marked as “open to the public” will not be approved. The club must be able to provide the complete list of both invitees and attendees, including contact information upon request. The waiver will release the Students’ Union and the University of Lethbridge from liability.
No in-person events can be approved that involve the following:
- Singing, cheering, hand shaking, or any physical contact amongst attendees.
- Passing around/sharing items or supplies, including paper.
- Any physical activity that requires sharing or passing of equipment, including sports/athletic activities.
- Shared food or beverages, including self-serve/buffet style servings.
4. If an event will be held at a 3rd party location such as a restaurant, soup kitchen or golf course, students will follow the COVID-19 protocols in place at each individual venue, and also the guidelines of the province and city, and are subject to change as the fluid COVID-19 situation evolves.
5. Students must do the Alberta Health Services self-assessment before attending each event.
6. Students must maintain physical distancing of 2 metres. When it is absolutely impossible to maintain physical distancing, masks must be worn. We strongly suggest that masks are worn at all times regardless of the venue.
Page 1 of 13
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service