1. Receive training on program activities; provide training and be accountable for the actions of employees or agents in the redemption of FMNP coupons and submission of coupons for payment.
2. Provide only fresh, locally grown produce to recipients at authorized farmers’ markets and roadside stands. If it is discovered that ineligible produce or any other item was exchanged for a coupon(s) or that a transaction violated this Agreement in any way by fault of the farmer (or farmer representative), the farmer hereby agrees to reimburse LDAF any monies resulting from said transaction(s) and be subject to fines and/or penalties that may be imposed by LDAF as a result of the violation(s).
3. Offer coupon recipients the same courtesies extended to other customers. 4. Clearly mark or post current prices on eligible produce or on a sign next to the produce for which coupons can be taken. Eligible produce is to be offered to FMNP coupon recipients at the same price or a lesser price as to other customers and should never be greater than the posted price.
5. Accept FMNP coupons within the date of validity and submit coupons for payment within the date of deposit required.
6. Coupons are to be stamped with the Farmer Vendor Stamp provided by LDAF, endorsed and deposited in accordance with procedures established by LDAF as presented in this Agreement and as provided in the FMNP Farmer Handbook. If this Agreement is canceled for any reason, Farmer agrees to return the Farmer Vendor Stamp(s) that has been issued to Farmer.
7. Be monitored for compliance with FMNP regulations and subject to sanctions, fines and penalties as may be imposed by LDAF in accordance with the FMNP Farmer Handbook and/or Rules and Regulations as may be promulgated under the Louisiana Administrative Procedures Act.
8. Post the FMNP Vendor Display Sign provided by LDAF.
9. Comply with the nondiscrimination provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, U.S. Department of Agriculture regulations on nondiscrimination (7 CFR Parts 15, 15a and 15b), USDA Food & Nutrition Service instructions as outlined in Section 248.7 (WIC FMNP) and/or Section 249.7 (Senior FMNP) and any other state or federal laws regarding nondiscrimination.
10. Provide such information as LDAF may require for its periodic reports to the USDA, Food & Nutrition Service.
11. Notify in writing at least 15 days prior to a voluntary termination of this Agreement. This notification can be delivered via certified mail, regular mail or by hand. Farmer may terminate this Agreement for any reason.
12. Notify LDAF of any address changes or corrections. Notify LDAF if farmer, market or roadside stand ceases operation prior to the end of the authorization period.
13. Notify LDAF if there is a conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest with LDAF or the local agency in the selling of produce for FMNP coupons.
Farmer Shall Not:
. Collect sales tax on FMNP coupon purchases.
2. Issue cash change for purchases in an amount less than the face value of a coupon.
3. Receive coupons for ineligible products.
4. Seek restitution from coupon recipients for coupons not paid by LDAF.
1. Provide training to Farmer on all FMNP regulations and procedures.
2. Ensure timely payment of coupons submitted by Farmer if Farmer meets all the coupon redemption and submission requirements.
3. Require payment to be denied if Farmer improperly redeems coupons.
4. Disqualify or assess a sanction against Farmer, if necessary, in accordance with the Abuse and Sanction Policy as set forth in the Louisiana Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Farmer Handbook, hereby made a part of this Agreement as if fully written herein. Farmer may appeal a disqualification; the assessment of a sanction, fine or penalty; and the denial of a FMNP application pursuant to the appeal and hearing procedure set forth in the FMNP Farmer Handbook.
1. Farmer may be prosecuted for fraud or abuse under applicable Federal, State or local laws.
2. Neither LDAF nor Farmer has an obligation to renew this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement after providing the other party advance written notice 15 days prior to termination. LDAF may terminate this Agreement if Farmer ceases to farm; ceases to be a member of a farmers' market or roadside stand for which a Farmer Vendor Stamp has been issued; does not comply with terms of this Agreement and/or FMNP Farmer Handbook, USDA Food & Nutrition Service regulations at 7CFR 248 and 7 CFR 249, as amended, or any other applicable Federal, State or local civil or criminal laws; or if federal funds become unavailable.
3. This Agreement is not assignable or transferable.
4. Signing of this Agreement by Farmer constitutes application to participate in the FMNP and agreement to all terms in this Agreement and Farmer Handbook. Signing of this Agreement by LDAF Representative indicates that farmer training has been provided to Farmer. Training may occur in a group meeting or by personal one-on-one training by a LDAF approved trainer.
5. This Agreement is not effective until all required information is complete and both Farmer and LDAF sign the Agreement.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”