BBQ IN THE GLEN 2019 // AMATEUR TEAM ENTRY FORM
This form is for the amateur teams only. You are an amateur team if you:
1. Do not have a catering company
2. Have not participated in a KCBS competition
3. You love BBQing at family events and gatherings and want to test your skills at a friendly competition with more than 3,000 people coming to the event.
COMPLETE THIS FORM AND THEN IMMEDIATELY COMPLETE PAYMENT USING THE FOLLOWING EVENTBRITE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS FORM. TEAM IS REGISTERED WHEN BOTH ITEMS ARE COMPLETE.
YOU WILL NOT BE SIGNED UP FOR THE EVENT IF YOU ONLY COMPLETE THIS FORM.
This entry form is to compete as an amateur BBQ team in the "BBQ in the Glen BBQ Competition" . In this competition, your team will compete in the following three meat categories: ribs, chicken and tri-tip.
Event Date: September 28th, 2019
Event Time: 5AM - 6:00PM
Event Address: Willow Glen Bank of America Parking Lot- 1245 Lincoln Avenue San Jose, CA 95125
BBQ Competition information (more details below):
* Space is limited to the first 12 teams who register using this form and complete the Eventbrite payment form.
* Cost per team is $350.00 ( this includes meat, serving tents, food license, all the essentials so you can focus on BBQing), new for 2019 -- a porter to help with trash behind your tent.
––– Teams will provide their own: BBQ or smoker, seasoning, wood or charcoal, and cooking utensils.
––– Willow Glen Business Association (WGBA) will provide: a 10'x10' serving tent, Department of Health Santa Clara temporary food permit, trash porter, a hand washing station, gloves, paper towels, fire extinguisher, and all materials according to the Department of Health Santa Clara County.
––– All meat will be provided by the WGBA. This is the only meat that can be cooked and served at this event. NO OUTSIDE MEAT CAN BE BROUGHT IN.
BBQ Team Name
How many racks of ribs can you cook? 2-10
How many Tri-Tips can you cook? 2-5
How many chicken thighs can you cook? 25-75
BBQ Contest Rules and Regulations
The following provides a guideline for competing in the BBQ competition. This is about having fun so we try and keep the rules simple.
1) Your team will be required to cook 3 competition meats; Ribs, Chicken, Tri-tip
2) This event gets really busy you must have a minimum of 3 people working your tent at all times. We require at least 4 people as you will get lots of people coming to your tent to try your delicious food.
3) All entries must be cooked at the contest, (meat will be provided day of competition after WGBA inspection).
4) Contestants will be provided a 10’ x 20’ space (contains 10' x10' serving canopy, tables, fire extinguisher, wash stations, igloo cooler for hot water, etc). All items must be contained within that space. All grills must be positioned outside the Canopy.
5) Contest check-in will begin at 5:00AM Saturday, September 28th. Cooking spots will be assigned as you arrive.
6) Contestants must be set up in their spots by 7AM. No Exceptions!
7) Head Cooks meeting will be held at the judging table at 7AM. One member from each team is required to attend.
8) All BBQ stations will be inspected by a contest coordinator (WGBA) prior to the beginning of the contest. Once inspected you may start cooking. Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) inspectors will also be doing inspections throughout the day. Estimated cooking start time ~7:15AM.
9) Teams are responsible for clean-up of their site during, and after the contest. Ash barrels & gray water disposable will be available on site.
10) Meat to be cooked by any means using charcoal, wood product. ELECTRICITY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
Serving to the public:
--- Aluminum food trays will be provided for holding cooked meat to be served to the public.
--- Paper serving trays will be provided for individual serving to the public
--- Styrofoam clam shells will be provided for your bbq to be judged. Each container shall contain no less than 6 individual identified barbequed products:
--- More on judging found here:
--- DO NOT mark the paper serving trays with your team name or any other identifying marks.
11) Turn in for judging can be 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after the official turn-in time. Turn in times are as follows:
Judging will happen immediately on turn in.
11:30 am // Chicken | All teams must turn in their chicken for judging
12:00 pm // Tri-tip | All teams must turn in their tri-tip for judging
12:30 pm // Ribs | All teams must turn in their ribs for judging
Samples will be blind judged on appearance, taste/flavor.
12) Judging will be made up of certified KCBS Certified Barbeque Judge and local VIPs
Grand Champion Award - $400 (Voted by scoring from Judges)
Reserve Champion Award - $250 (Voted by scoring from Judges)
People's Choice Award (as voted on by attendees)
* $200 & Trophy
Awards will be given for each meat category:
1st Place // $50 & Medal
2nd Place // $25 & Medal
3rd Place // Medal
Additional Terms and Conditions
– Cash prizes this year for amateur teams! Grand Champ is double the $$$ than 2018
– Team check-in will begin at 5:00am, Saturday September 28th.
– Teams must be set up by 7AM. Parking for 1 vehicle will be provided in the WGBA parking lot next to the Bank of America parking lot at 1261 Lincoln Ave, San Jose, CA 95125.
– BBQs need to be attended to at all times.
– Potable water is available.
– There will be gray water dump station, no ground dumping!
– Ash containers will be provided and are for ash only (No Trash).
– All teams will have a 5 lb., fully-charged fire extinguisher at cook site.
– No alcohol allowed in public view, violators will be subject to disqualification.
– All teams must leave their cook-site as clean as they found it and cleared out by 6:30PM day of event. There will be no vehicles entering or exiting event area from 5am-6:15pm. You are welcome to carry out your equipment, but vehicles will not be able to enter the Bank of America parking lot until approx 6:15PM.
– This is a family event, please use good taste in the display of all banners, etc.
– Feel free to decorate your space and hang team banner or signs.
– Event held rain or shine / No refunds.
– Turn ins start at 11:30 am.
I agree to indemnify, defend and forever save and hold harmless the Willow Glen Business Association (WGBA), the City of San Jose, Event sponsors, and each of their respective affiliates and related entities, and their respective principals, shareholders, members, partners, officers, directors, employees, representatives, tenants, agents, contractors, and volunteers from and against any and all damages, claims, losses, demands, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees and costs), obligations, liens, liabilities, actions and causes of action, threatened or actual, which any one may suffer or incur arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the provisions of the Products and services or the failure of Vendor to provide the Products and Services in accordance with the terms of this agreement, except to the extent arising from negligence or willful misconduct of Willow Glen Business Association. The foregoing indemnification shall survive any termination or the expiration of the term of this agreement. Further, I hereby grant full permission to the event organizers and/or agents authorized by them and to each of the entities and individuals listed above, to use any photographs, video tapes, recordings, or any other record of the event for any legitimate purpose.
Do you agree to the above terms and conditions?
$350.00 Entry Fee Payment
Click the link below to pay by credit card or debit card through Eventbrite:
COMPLETE THIS FORM AND THEN IMMEDIATELY COMPLETE PAYMENT USING THE EVENTBRITE LINK ABOVE. YOU WILL NOT BE SIGNED UP FOR THE EVENT IF YOU ONLY COMPLETE THIS FORM.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Squiber LLC.
Terms of Service