[Maxwell Lectures] SAWL in conjunction with Maxwell Chambers present: Convention on Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) 101
Date: Thur, 26 September 2019
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: Maxwell Chambers, 32 Maxwell Road, #03-01, Singapore 069115
The Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), adopted in 1979 by the United Nations General Assembly, is an international treaty that aims to achieve equality b/w men & women and to end discrimination that women face in all areas of their lives. It defines what constitutes discrimination against women and what governments should do to end such discrimination. Since it took effect in September 1981, it has been ratified by 189 states, including Singapore in 1995.
As a signatory to CEDAW, S’pore is legally obliged to align with CEDAW standards. As such, CEDAW was a driver behind introduction of several laws including Protection of Harassment Act, Prevention of Human Trafficking Act, removal of marital immunity for rape, changes in Evidence Act to protect victims of sexual violence, changes in law to provide better protection for unfair dismissal in employment. Understanding CEDAW and its processes will therefore be useful and instructive to legal practitioners who wish to anticipate and understand future trends.
If you are claiming CPD points, please provide your AAS number:
How did you hear about this event?
Maxwell Chambers website
Word of mouth
Please indicate your preferred payment option and we will be in touch via email.
Credit card (we will send you the Credit Card Form via email, e-payment currently unavailable)
Cheque payable to Maxwell Chambers Pte Ltd
Please indicate dietary requirements if any.
Terms - Attendance, Cancellation and Substitutes
1) Limited slots are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please note that payment is required in order for your attendance to be confirmed. We reserve the right to turn away participants whose attendance has not been confirmed.
2) You are required to sign in and out in order to redeem CPD points for the seminar.
3) If you are unable to attend, a substitute participant is welcome at no extra charge. Please inform us of the substitute participant’s particulars in writing. A full refund less 10% administrative charge will be returned for cancellations received in writing by 19 September 2019. Regrettably, no refunds will be made for cancellations received after 19 September 2019.
4) The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or alter the content and timing of the programme or the identity of the speakers. In the event that the Seminar is cancelled by the Organiser, the registration fee (less bank charges) will be refunded.
5) Kindly note that the dress code is business attire. No shorts, bermudas, T-shirts, slippers, sandals are allowed within our premises.
I acknowledge the abovementioned terms.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service