The Montana Association for the Education of Young Children has two executive board positions up for election. Candidates will be voted on during the 2022 State Conference in Helena, MT October 20-22, 2022. Nominations will be taken until July 1, 2022. Vice President and Secretary position are open for nominations. Please fill in information. Please contact email@example.com
if you have any questions. MUST BE A mtaeyc MEMBER
Purpose: To maintain leadership continuity by performing the duties of the Executive Board President in his/her absence. The Vice-president is the president in training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve a two-year term and then assume the role of President * Assist the President in all of his/her duties
* Attend all Affiliate Board and Executive Board meetings * Know the Affiliate and the President's duties
* Be prepared to assume the President's duties when called to do so *Serve on the Executive Board
* Make all reports and recommendations to the Affiliate Board in a timely manner
*Chair at least one committee * Establish and organize the coordination of committees
* Work closely as a consultant and advisor to the President and Executive Director
* Develop rapport and a close working relationship with the President and Executive Director
* Carry-out special assignments for the President
Purpose: To record and maintain all Affiliate and Executive Board records, ensuring their accuracy and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve a two-year term on the Executive Board * Attend all Affiliate Board and Executive Board meetings
* Type a complete, objective, and concise copy of the minutes of each meeting
* Distribute copies of the minutes to the Executive Board within one week of the meeting
* Present the minutes of all meetings to the group for approval, additions, or corrections
* Make sure that Affiliate Board members are notified of the times and dates of all meetings
* Keep on file all committee reports * Make minutes and records available to the membership upon request
* Maintain record books in which by-laws, rules of order, policy papers, and minutes are entered, with amendments of these documents properly recorded
* Have current record books on hand at each meeting. Such records include board member attendance and active chapter policies and documentation for each.
* Sign all certified copies of Acts of the affiliate board, unless otherwise specified in the by-laws.
* Conduct general correspondence of the organization * Maintain Affiliate and Executive Board business and legal records
* Maintain all ‘board agreements’ and ‘conflict of interest statements’ signed by each board member
* Review board meeting minutes for accuracy
* Keep a register of Affiliate Board member addresses and phone numbers
* Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President and Vice-president
* When necessary, obtain information from records and minutes to help board members in the decision-making process