JROTC Medals Request Tattler Post 973
American Legion Awards are given annually to outstanding cadets at each school for general military and scholastic excellence.Students participating in JROTC programs conducted at high schools will receive the bronze medal. A miniature reproduction of the official JROTC crest is attached to the medal awarded for scholastic excellence. Recipients of either award will also receive a ribbon bar to which the crest or scroll is attached.
A cadet may receive an award for general military excellence and an award for scholastic excellence for the same school year or for more than one year.
General Military Excellence Award. The cadet must:
• Be in the top 25 percent of his or her class in academic subjects and JROTC subjects.
• Have demonstrated outstanding qualities in military leadership, discipline, character, and citizenship.
Scholastic Excellence Award. The cadet must:
• Be in the top 10 percent of his or her class in academic subjects.
• Be in the top 25 percent of his or her class in JROTC subjects.
• Have demonstrated qualities of leadership.
• Have actively participated in related student activities such as student organizations, constructive activities, or sports.
The senior JROTC instructor, head of the school, or both, will make a selection.
the request must be made with three weeks before the award presentation.
questions can be sent to the Tattler Post #973 Americanism Officer Patrick Murray via email
Name of school requesting JROTC awards
school phone #
Award Ceremony date
award presenters name?
is award presenter a legion member
name of JROTC cadets receiving military excellence
Name of cadet receiving Scholastic excellence
JROTC point of contact name and number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service