Bay Area COVID-19 Relief Application for Migrant Youth Community
Thank you for applying to the COVID Migrant Youth Relief Fund. Currently, we are putting a hold on new applications until we have raised more funds.
As we work to identify more funding resources, we also wanted to connect you to some resources that might be helpful: https://tinyurl.com/COVIDUndocuResources
We also have a checklist of suggested next steps.
1. Call Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants (DRAI) @ (415) 324 1011 to see if you or anyone in your family/household qualifies for the California state relief fund for migrants.
2. If you have school-aged children, visit https://ca.p-ebt.org/en
to see if you are eligible to receive a card you can use to buy groceries (up to $365). The last date to apply for this card is June 30!
3. Contact PG&E and your utility companies and ask for a payment plan if you cannot pay your utilities.
4. Contact your internet/phone providers to ask for a payment plan or deferral.
5. Access food pantries and school district food pick ups (see the list in our resource page).
6. If you have DACA, TPS, VAWA, SJS, U-Visa, asylum/refugee, or any other visa status, consider applying for unemployment. If you are worried about how this might impact a future change of status through public charge, double check with your lawyer or clinic!
7. Contact your landlord if you are not able to pay rent. Currently, landlords are not allowed to evict people for rent non-payment that is related to COVID-19 or the shelter-in-place order, and there maybe be more protections in your area. Keep a record of wages lost due to COVID-19, and your written communication with your landlord.
Questions or worries? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org