Event Date: February 8-10, 2024
Host: Utah Valley University Thanksgiving Point Campus, 2912 Executive Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043
Cost: Application and participation in the forum is free.
Participants are responsible for their travel and lodging costs.
Presented by the Prehospital Care Research Forum thanks to the generous sponsorship of WEINMANN Emergency, and strategic support of Utah Valley University, Weber State University, Utah Tech University, Unified Fire Department, ESO, NEMSIS, ImageTrend, and state of Utah EMS Office.
The PCRF/ WEINMANN Emergency Utah Ventilation Research Summit is ideal for clinical leaders, front-line clinicians, students, and educators with innate curiosity and an itch to launch their next (or first!) research project.
The Forum matches participants with clinical mentors, methodologists, and statisticians to accelerate EMS research with the goal of improving community health and safety through the power of data. During the three-day intensive workshop, participants will:
- Learn the basics of EMS research, from defining a question to the parts of a peer-reviewed manuscript.
- Refine research ideas to assure that the question/goal is clear.
- Explore required data elements to determine viability and define the data query.
- Work with a clinical mentor and statistician to create an analysis plan to answer your research question.
- Start to develop a research abstract.
- Prepare and deliver a presentation outlining selected research question and preliminary findings.
Applications due November 1, 2023
To ensure the most beneficial experience, participation will be limited to 20-30 participants. We will be notifying selected applicants in November.
Thank you for your interest! Please complete the questionnaire below to apply.