2019 Student Citizen Awards
The Australia Day Council is pleased to advise nominations are now open for the 2019 Australia Day Student Citizen Awards. Sponsored by the Department of Education, these awards recognise excellent citizenship within the school community.
• The awards are free to participate in.
• All NT schools can nominate one student per primary, middle and/or secondary school.
• If you’re a combined school you can recognise one student per level, just put in multiple nominations.
• Schools decide how their student is selected. For example teachers can nominate students or students could apply to receive the award.
• The award recognises students who show a sense of fair play, generosity of spirit, concern for others, cultural understanding, positive attitude and involvement within the school and/or the wider community.
• Select your award recipient.
• Complete the online nomination form below
• Please ensure the students name is spelt correctly.
• Return the nomination form to the Australia Day Council by 30 September 2019.
• Award recipients will receive an engraved medallion and certificate signed by the Chief Minister, Administrator and Australia Day Council Chair.
We encourage presentation of the award to take place at a community flag raising ceremony on Australia Day but understand this isn’t always possible. You may prefer to make the presentation at your end of year school assembly.
• Flag Raising Ceremony - We send the certificate and medallion to the organiser of the ceremony indicated on your nomination form. Details of the ceremony are also sent to the award recipient.
• End of Year Assembly - We send the certificate and medallion to your school. A representative from the Australia Day Council may be available to present the award upon your request.
• Please note - The Medallion and Certificate can only be presented at one ceremony.
• Award recipients names and the school they attend will be published in the NT News on Australia Day and the Australia Day Council website.
For further information please contact Anna at the Australia Day Council
on 8989 5290 or email:
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service