- Development/Event Management Interns (2) Interns will work with Development staff to organize GTC’s Fall Harvest Celebration (pancake breakfast) and fall appeal, which is the organization’s big end of year fundraising drive. Responsibilities will include data entry and management, communications/visibility work, sponsorship solicitation, mailing coordination, and event management tasks.
- Community Engagement Intern Assist GTC staff and youth promotions team with community engagement efforts including organizing presentations, flyering, tabling etc to get the word out about GTC’s mission and markets.
- Farm Intern (s) Help manage GTC’s urban farm sites with activities including bed preparation, harvesting, seeding, mulching, putting the gardens to bed for the winter, etc. Work will be outside and hands on in all weather conditions and may involve heavy lifting and manual labor.
- Market and Wholesale Management Intern Assist with tasks involving GTC’s community markets, Farm Share program and wholesale operation, including harvesting, sales, market set up and break down, data entry, and administrative tasks associated with the markets.
- Research Intern: Urban Agriculture Research topics such as beekeeping and mushroom cultivation and help develop plans and locate resources for implementation.
- Research Intern: Neighborhood History and Community Impact Research former use and history of GTC farm sites and the neighborhoods around them, including property values and community impact of GTC work.
For more information, contact Ariana Williams at 413.335.9027 or email@example.com. To apply, fill out this form. Internships are generally 12-13 weeks and will begin in September and go through early December (unless you can commit to the full year, then they will go through April)