Why should you apply to be a Link Leader?
• Positively influence the life of a group of 9th graders
• Learn valuable leadership skills
• Add an extracurricular activity to your college and scholarship applications!
• Have fun!
What do Link Leaders do?
• Attend 1 after-school training in May
• Attend 2 days of training in August to prepare for Orientation Day
• Attend Ninth Grade Academy for 4 days in August (probably August 7-10)
Run Freshmen Orientation on the first day of school in August
• Lead a group of freshmen, your Link Crew, in activities on Orientation Day
• Teach your Crew everything they need to start the year off right
• Mentor your Crew throughout the year to help them have a successful school year, in and out of class
If you have space in your schedule, you would have a class, Peer Helping, during the same time as the 9th grade Anchor Down class, to help support them.