The Filmonik Melbourne, 1st International Kino-Kabaret, or "Filmonik Kabaret" for short, comprises two production sessions over two successive weekends of spontaneous, collaborative, creative filmmaking, in a socially festive, shared production environment called the Kinolab. It brings together filmmakers, actors, musicians, writers, technicians and all film aficionados. In the Kinolab you will be warmly invited to make or participate in the crafting of one or more, 5 minute or shorter films, in sessions of 48 or 72 hours, in a genial atmosphere with all your fellow participants. Both sessions will culminate in public screenings of the completed short films on the Sunday nights at Lido Cinemas, Hawthorn.
- Thursday 19 Oct, 6:30pm: First session production meeting at Uitgang Bar. 406 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121
- Friday 20 Oct, 6:30pm: Kinolab opens to the participants to collaborate and make films until Sunday afternoon.
- Sunday 22 Oct, 6:30pm: First session screenings at Lido Cinemas.
- Friday 27 Oct, 6:30pm: Second session production meeting and Kinolab re-opens to collaborate and make films until Sunday afternoon.
- Sunday 29 Oct, 6:30pm: Second session screenings at Lido Cinemas.
Directors making and screening two different films at both screenings (Oct 22 & 29): $40.
All other participants (11 days of Kabaret): $15.
Registration for all participants includes access to the Kinolab for 2 weekends and one ticket for each screening.Directors must reserve a screening spot for one weekend or two. Directors who select one screening only still have access to the event for both weekends, but can screen a film only on their nominated screening date. Screening spots are strictly limited. Some spots may be released at the last minute, but to guarantee a spot it is wise to reserve it now.
Or you can pay in person and save on the processing fees at the first meetup / production meeting on October 19 at 6:30 PM at Exit Brewing's bar named Uitgang Bar. 406 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121. There is a limited number of screening spots so we will send you an email to confirm your participation it places get dangerously low.
Once your Registration Form has been submitted and payment received, you will receive a confirmation email and detailed documentation for the Filmonik Kabaret.
See you in October!