We need all the help we can get to make it through the finish line! We ask that you agree to do at least one of the following to help build excitement for civics in prisons!
1. Sign and share this partnership form and use the hashtag #HB2541 #UnlockCivics #CivicsInPrison
2. Share the witness slip. Witness slips take 30 seconds to fill out, they help legislators know constituents support the bill. Please help us by filling out a witness slip when they go live.
3. Written Testimony: You can submit written testimony to us on why you feel this work is important. You might have a chance to get your testimony published or read in front of legislators!
4. If you are a writer or have connections to journalists, please ask them to write about this work! *Given the nature of this legislation we ask that you send media to Chicago Votes, Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights or Dr. Christina Rivers at DePaul University to ensure messaging is factual and does not unintentionally cause harm.
5. Call, tweet, email and leave a message with your Senator, State Rep and Governor Pritzker: Script:"Hello, my name is ***** and I'm your constituent. I am calling to ask ****** to vote yes on HB2541. I believe people should have access to civic education during the re-entry process. Thank you."
6. Lobby & Advocate in Springfield.
7. Follow and Retweet the #HB2541 #UnlockCivics #CivicsInPrison @ChgoCivilRights @ChicagoVotes
Link To Full Text Legislation:http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=108&GA=101&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=2541&GAID=15&LegID=118646&SpecSess=&Session=
This work is being led by Chicago Lawyers Committee For Civil Rights, Chicago Votes, & Just Democracy.