HARCOURTS ART CHALLENGE 2020 - ENTRY FORM
The Harcourts Art Challenge 2020 in conjunction with the The Big Arts Day Out Exhibition - January 9, 10 & 11 2020.
The theme for this challenge is "What's on Your Mind"
The aim of the Arts Collective Whangamata/Harcourts Art Challenge is to foster and encourage artists living and working in the Coromandel Peninsula. The competition is open to artists in Coromandel, Bay of Plenty and Waikato.
The winning 3 prizes in each category are proudly donated by HARCOURTS WHANGAMATA.
All the artworks are available for viewing and for sale during the "Big Arts Day Out" event.
The "Big Arts Day Out" will be held at the Memorial Hall, Port Road, Whangamata in conjunction with the Arts Collective/Harcourts Challenge. This will be preceded by a night of music, wine and nibbles on Thursday 9 January, 5:30 - 8:30pm. Tickets will be available at the Harcourts Whangamata office and Whangamata Info Centre in December.
Supreme Winner from the top 2D and 3D - Trophy
1st Places from 2D and 3D - $500
2nd Places from 2D and 3D - $250
3rd Places from 2D and 3D - $100
We would like to thank our Sponsors. We really appreciate your contribution to make this Challenge happen for our Arts Community.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Theme: "What's on Your Mind" - your work is to represent this theme.
2. Artwork may in any medium; must have sufficient hooks to hang or be ready for display.
3. Entry is open to Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato & Western BOP residents.
4. The selection of the artwork to be exhibited is the decision of the Whangamata Arts Collective Executive Committee and no further discussion regarding the selection will be entered into.
5. Maximum of 2 ENTRIES PER PERSON. No multiples unless part of a triptych. Total size of the artwork must not exceed 1.25m W x 1.50m H.
6. Entry Fee: Whangamata Arts Collective Members: $20 first piece and $10 for the second piece. Non-Members: $40 first piece and $10 for the second piece.
7. All work must be the original, sole work of the artist and have been completed in the the last 12 months, and not previously exhibited.
8. All artwork must be professionally presented and clearly identified - See tag example below
9. All artworks must be for sale and must stay for the duration of the exhibition. Any item sold will attract 10% Commission. This will be donated to a local charity.
10. This entry form must be submitted by December 20 2019. Entry can be made by entering your details below. Hard copy entry forms are available from Harcourts Whangamata and Whangamata Info Centre and may be sent with a cheque to:
Maree Burt - 221 Tukere Drive, Whangamata 3620 alternatively, scanned and emailed to
11. Artworks MUST BE DELIVERED to Whangamata Memorial Hall on Wednesday 8th January between 9am and 12 noon. In the event of this not being possible, works may be sent (to be received by or before Monday 6th January) by courier to: Arts Collective C/- Cherry Estcourt, 102 Moana Anu Anu Ave, Whangamata 3620.
Please send sufficient return postage or courier tickets with your entry (these will be sent back to you if not needed)
12. Artworks MUST BE COLLECTED between 3 and 4pm Saturday 11 January. If collection can not be made in person, please nominate someone to pick up for you.
13. All risk, insurance and courier costs are the responsibility of the artist. Arts Collective Whangamata takes all care but no responsibility for your artwork.
For extra details please visit out website
Friday 20th December – deadline for entry forms
Monday 6th January - couriered Artwork to be received
Wednesday 8th January - 9am – 12 noon – Artworks to be delivered Memorial Hall Whangamata
Thursday 9th January - Judging of challenge and winners notified.
Thursday 9th January between 5:30 & 8:30pm Presentation of prizes to winners of the Challenge – at Memorial Hall.
Friday 10th & Saturday 11th January - Artworks on display and for sale during the “Big Arts Day Out II” weekend.
Saturday 11th January between 3pm & 4pm – Artworks to be collected from Memorial Hall (unless sold - we will notify Artists).
Please add your details to the fields below
Bank Account Details (for payment of sale or prizemoney)
Conditions of Entry
I have read and agree to the conditions of entry (see above in description)
I am a Member of the Arts Collective Whangamata
Art Entry One
Please complete one or both sections to enter your artwork.
2D or 3D
Art Entry Two
2D or 3D
Artwork Label Example - Label should be on a string and able to be seen on hung artwork, and will later be tucked behind. On smaller items or items that are not hung, please repeat this information and put a secure sticker underneath the item.
Maximum of two entries per person and all entries to be received by 20 December 2019. Entry fee to be paid to:
Bank Account Number: 02-1254-0026782-000
Particulars: Your name
Members - $20 first piece/$10 second piece
Non-Members - $40 first piece/$10 second piece
I have paid the required entry fee into the above bank account
I am sending a cheque
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service