• Actively promote the mission of Pizza Klatch, contributing ideas and expertise.
• Provide youth perspective to guide Pizza Klatch in fulfilling its mission
• Be informed about Pizza Klatch’s mission, services, policies, and programs; inform others about the organization, and work to enhance the Pizza Klatch's public image.
REPRESENT THE VOICE AND EXPERIENCE OF A YOUTH TO GUIDE PIZZA KLATCH DECISION-MAKING
• Keep the board up to date on the experiences of school-aged youth
• Provide first-hand knowledge regarding Pizza Klatch support groups
• Provide insight into school climate and issues facing LGBTQQAI youth
• Ensure youth voice is included on all levels of the organization
ENSURE DIVERSE AND MULTI-GENERATIONAL LEADERSHIP
• Actively seek out diverse and multigenerational voices to guide board decisions
• Include youth voice at all levels of the organization.
• Advocate for appropriate training, procedures and policies that ensure respectful dialogue between and across diverse groups and confront oppressive behavior.
SELECT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOLLOWING PIZZA KLATCH POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
• Ensure that the Executive Director is knowledgeable about the experience of school-aged youth
• Provide the executive director with ongoing support and guidance regarding the Pizza Klatch programming and how to best serve youth
• Annually review performance.
ENSURE EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL PLANNING
• Determine and monitor Pizza Klatch’s programs and services.
• Participate in the development of a strategic plan to accomplish the mission, oversee its implementation and evaluate its success.
ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN BOARD ACTIVITIES
• Attend in person or by phone monthly board meetings.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Solicit support or clarification from a designated board member as needed to ensure full participation prior to board meetings and other board activities.
• Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and to Pizza Klatch.
• Assess the board’s performance annually.
ENSURE ADEQUATE RESOURCES
• Manage resources effectively.
• Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the board, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements, selecting an auditor and receiving the auditor’s report.
Follow all Pizza Klatch policies and procedures.
Board of Directors
• To be decided
• Board Members are eligible for reelection
• Monthly 2 hour meetings;
• Weekly attendance of PK support group meetings
President of the Board
Youth Support Coordinator