BAHASA INGGERIS PEMAHAMAN (SECTION A : SET 5)
PN. SITI NOR FATHIAH BINTI ZULKAFLI
SK(P) METHODIST 2 MELAKA
1. Harun jogs _______________ the lake in the park every evening.
2. The library in town is located _______________ the football field and the town council.
3. Alice and _______________ will be attending the party tomorrow.
4. Aminah _______________ long, shiny black hair which she likes to tie in a pony tail.
5. Our _______________ to the bird park was a very memorable one.
Choose the most suitable proverb.
6. Ali and his brother stopped disturbing their neighbour's dog after they were chased by it last week. As the saying goes, ________________________________________________.
it is no use crying over a split milk
let bygones be bygones
out of sight, out of mind
once bitten, twice shy
Questions 7 - 9
Choose the word that has the similar meaning with the word in brackets.
10. Where did you (purchase) this beautiful handbag?
Choose the sentence with the correct punctuation.
"Dad, I won the race?" exclaimed Jui Meng to his father.
Dad, I won the race. "Exclaimed Jui Meng to his father!"
"Dad, I won the race!" exclaimed Jui Meng to his father.
"Dad, I won the race, exclaimed Jui Meng!" to his father.
Questions 12 - 15.
Choose the correct answers.
16. What does Ranee mean when she said that her mind was occupied with something? She was probably _____________________________________.
having a headache
thinking deeply about something
solving some mind-boggling puzzle
17. Mr Chong's is most probably a _____________________.
18. The word 'patronise' can be best replaced with ___________________.
19. From the passage, we know that Ranee ____________________________.
loves outdoor activities
is Evelyn's school mate
was running an errand for her mother
prefers buying her provisions at the wholesale store
20. Why does Evelyn's mother prefer to buy from Mr Chong?
She gets a good discount.
Mr. Chong's is nearby Evelyn's house.
He is friendly and polite to his customers.
She does not know the location of the new wholesale store.
This form was created inside of Ministry Of Education Malaysia.