The Robert Malkovsky II Memorial Fund 2020 Application
About Robert Malkovsky II
Robert Malkovsky (“Mr. Mal”) was an educator in Delaware County, PA, for over 40 years. He was an incomparable educator, mentor, confidant and friend to countless students at Ridley, Radnor and Penncrest High Schools. When Mr. Mal passed away in 2013 a memorial scholarship was established to honor his life and continue his legacy. Many students were inspired and encouraged to enter the sciences thanks to Mr. Mal’s guidance, while many more came to a better understanding of physics thanks to his tireless effort, creativity and artistry. His energy and spirit pervaded everything Mr. Mal did in and out of the classroom and it is hoped that by encouraging future generations to pursue a degree in a STEM program (science, technology, engineering and math) that his spirit may be preserved and his memory celebrated.
Award Amount: One male and one female student will receive a one-time $2,500.00 award each.
1. Applicant must be a senior preparing to graduate from Penncrest High School.
2. Applicant must be admitted to a four-year college or university.
3. Applicant must intend to major in a qualified field of science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Qualification of the applicant’s intended major is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee and Donor Board.
4. Applicant will be evaluated based on his or her STEM-based curriculum at Penncrest High School, with particular consideration for a history of contribution(s) to extracurricular activities within the science department, including but not limited to Envirothon, Physics Olympics, or Science Olympiad.
4. Applicant will also be evaluated on his/her history of contribution(s) to society through volunteer activities, social programs, clubs, and service organizations as well as extracurricular activities, including athletics or the performing arts.
Submission Information: Completed applications should be submitted by May 9, 2020.
Grade Point Average
Extracurricular Activities / Groups
Awards / Honors Earned at Penncrest
Activities Outside of Penncrest
List the Science Classes You Have Taken at Penncrest:
Have You Committed to Attend a College / University?
If Yes, Name of College / University:
If No, List the Colleges / Universities to Which You Have Applied:
Intended Major / Field of Study:
Provide Details of Other Scholarships Received:
Short Essay 1: Why do you want to Pursue a Degree in STEM?
Short Essay 2: Describe a positive instance in which you used science in your life outside of school:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service