MBCL - Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living Program (Winter 2020) Wednesday Evenings (near HKU)
MBCL (Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living)
This training program developed by Erik van den Brink and Frits Koster is for those who wish to learn how to deal in a healthy way with pain, stress or suffering, in whatever form it presents – physical, mental, emotional or relational. Those already familiar with mindfulness practices can deepen the healing effects of mindfulness with the help of this program, which offers practices in cultivating compassion towards ourselves and others.
NOTE: prerequisite of this course is past completion of an 8-week mindfulness course (ex. MBSR/MBCT or equivalent) and an ongoing regular personal practice. Personal interviews are required to discuss intentions and wishes for taking the course.
• Introductory Session (2 hours) – an evening for group members to meet, receive course materials and begin practices together.
• 8 x Weekly Sessions (2.5 hours each) - program includes workbook, handouts and audio recordings.
• 4-Hour Session (Silent) included in the course curriculum (between week 6 & 7)
• Home Practice – 45+ minutes daily practice throughout the course
COURSE DATES (Wednesday Evenings)
Introductory Session: Jan 22, 7 – 9 pm
Weekly Meetings (7 – 9:30 pm):
Feb 5, 12, 18, 26 Mar 4, 11, 25 Apr 1
4-Hour Silent Session: Mar 18, 7 – 11 pm
COURSE LOCATION (near HKU)
Pacific Plaza - Room 2702-03, 27/F
410 - 418 Des Voeux Road West, Sai Wan, HK Island (near HKU)
MTR HKU Station Exit B2
HKD 4,200 (includes workbook, audio recordings, readings)
• PAYPAL (credit card payments)
• Bank transfers, cash deposits, cheque deposits:
The Bank of East Asia – # 015-51468019597 (MBH Advisory Limited)
(please provide copy of receipt of transfer or deposit)
NOTE 1: Class limited to 12 persons
NOTE 2: Enrolment is accepted after interview (in person, by video or telephone)
NOTE 3: Payment due before 20 Jan 2020
Cathy Ziengs, MBH Advisory Limited
mob: +852 9156 2222
Cathy's MBCL teacher training has been completed in the UK with Erik van den Brink and Bridgette O'Neill.
She is also a Certified MBSR Teacher from the Brown University Mindfulness Center, USA.
8-week Mindfulness course attended, with whom, and date:
This is a list of the questions that you may anticipate on the Application form: What do you wish to come out of this training, regarding how you…
1. Relate to yourself?
2. Relate to others, such as family, friends, neighbours, colleagues?
3. Deal with current difficulties in your life?
4. Engage with other areas of your life that are important to you, such as education and work, health and lifestyle, social activities, nature and spirituality?
5. Work towards valuable goals in your life, short term and long term?
6. Deal with future challenges?
Is there anything you are not comfortable sharing or disclosing to the facilitator?
Any comments or questions for the facilitator at this time?
Would you like a course application form sent to you?
No thanks, not just yet
Thank you for your interest in the MBCL program
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service