Hornet Animation is seeking a full time Junior CG Generalist to join the team in New York, NY. The staff Junior CG Generalist must be meticulous, have the ability to communicate proactively, manage time accordingly based on each project’s specifications & resources, with passion, enthusiasm and the ability to technically & creatively realize the Director’s vision. The staff Junior CG Generalist must be creatively driven, well versed in executing various design styles based on Directors’ creative direction, and have the ability to adapt to creative feedback.
• Bachelor (4-Year) degree with a degree in Fine Arts, such as Computer Graphics, 3D, Illustration, Motion / Graphic Design, Film, Architecture, and Engineering.
• Relevant work experience as a CG Generalist with at least 1 year in the commercial industry.
• Extensive experience with digital technology and software packages (e.g. Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, Foundry Nuke, Substance Painter, Mudbox, Pipeline FX Qube, Deadline, Shotgun, RV, Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Maxon C4D.)
• Foundational knowledge of 3D, compositing, VFX, and render wrangling
• Print, Digital Media, and 3D Printing experience
• Creative mind with strong storytelling skills
• Overall positive attitude, demeanor, that will contribute to a collaborative studio environment
• Desire to learn, develop and discover new techniques through R&D
• Ability to take direction and feedback from Directors, VFX Supervisor, Producers, and Leads
• Keen eye for detail and a critical mind, with patience and concentration
• High level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Maintain studio standards and work within studio pipeline
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
• Perform duties as a CG Generalist which includes but not limited to: modeling, texturing, creating uv maps, look dev, lighting and rendering, and compositing on projects assigned by the Head of Production, under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor and CG Lead, reporting directly to the producer for projects
• Administrate and maintain the render farm across all projects working closely with the Systems Administrator, VFX Supervisor, CG Lead and the Chief Technology Officer
• Support render needs for projects with onsite and offsite render farms
• Perform duties as a Compositor on projects assigned by the Head of production, reporting directly to the producer for projects under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor and CG Lead. Duties include, but are not limited to: cg compositing, visual effects, tracking, rotoscoping, 2D and 3D compositing in both Nuke and After Effects
• Perform duties as on-set visual effects production assistant
• Work closely with cg artists in setting up projects, work with VFX Supervisor and CG Lead on maintaining open pipeline and the cg library
• Research and keep up to date in industry production standards, software, and hardware related specifically to CG and Compositing
• Work with Director, VFX Supervisor, CG Lead and creative team to provide and develop CG solutions